New Rule Effective Oct. 17

Please visit the forums for more details, or click here to read forum #11357

X
SnowHooves
Contributor
5 years ago

Aliases/Implications

In category: Aliases, Implications, and Tags

We're a new site! So keep in mind that there are many aliases and implications that we're missing...

For those of you who don't know:

• Alias - A feature in the system that takes all instances of X and replies them with Y. This is used to keep tags neat and unified. Examples:
    • PinkiePie aliases to Pinkie_Pie (because Pinkie Pie is the right spelling!)
    • Pegacorn aliases to alicorn (because that's the word we use here!)
    • Cutie_mark_party aliases to cute-ceañera because cute-ceañera is hard to type, and cutie_mark_party will allow people to tag faster and more accurately
  • Implication - A feature in the system that takes all instances of X, and adds Y to all of those images, so that both tags are on the image. Examples:
    • cake implies baked_goods (because cakes are yummy and baked and GOOD)
    • filly implies Female (because a filly is a young female pony
    • violin implies musical_instrument (because it is!)

If you see any implications or aliases that are missing, or need attention, please post them here in this thread!!

You can view all tags here: http://twentypercentcooler.net/tag/index?order=date
You can view all of the current aliases here: http://twentypercentcooler.net/tag_alias
You can view all of the implications here: http://twentypercentcooler.net/tag_implication

Ponisyde
Contributor
5 years ago

If we discuss all aliases/implications in this thread, it would be hard to talk about more than one at a time, plus it'd be harder to find discussion about one specific thing than if they all had their own thread.

SnowHooves
Contributor
5 years ago

Ponisyde said:
If we discuss all aliases/implications in this thread, it would be hard to talk about more than one at a time, plus it'd be harder to find discussion about one specific thing than if they all had their own thread.

This is true, but something like mare -> female, or books -> book, or SweetieBelle -> Sweetie_Belle don't really need lots of discussion <3

Ponisyde
Contributor
5 years ago

SnowHooves said:
This is true, but something like mare -> female, or books -> book, or SweetieBelle -> Sweetie_Belle don't really need lots of discussion <3

What about the things that do? Like pegasus -> wings, for example.

SnowHooves
Contributor
5 years ago

Ponisyde said:
What about the things that do? Like pegasus -> wings, for example.

Then we go "huh, that deserves it's own topic" and pull it out :p

Can we alias shadowbolts and the_shadowbolts it really should work the same way as the tags for the wonderbolts.

SnowHooves
Contributor
5 years ago

mahna said:
Can we alias shadowbolts and the_shadowbolts it really should work the same way as the tags for the wonderbolts.

Done :D

Werewolf
Contributor
5 years ago
apple applejack bat_wings blonde_hair earth_pony equine fang female filly foal generation_4 green_eyes high_res messy_hair norang94 orange_body pony sitting solo transparent_background vampire wings young rating:Safe score:1 user:Werewolf

Humor - 86
Humour - 88

Can we alias one to the other? I vote for the American spelling, personally.

Implication: Poniphilia>Interspecies
Alias: Blowjob Blow_job> fellatio

Snapshot
Contributor
5 years ago
absurd_res alpha_channel bag baseball_cap blue_eyes clothing costume cutie_mark equine freckles happy hat kloudmutt male my_little_pony open_mouth orange_body original_character pegasus pokémon pony red_hair saddlebag shirt snapshot solo to_keep wings rating:Safe score:0 user:Ryan_Speedhooves

Done and done.

Glasses/sunglasses/googles>Imp>eyewear

I'm not sure about eyepatch.

Nyx>Imp>Past_Sins_(fanfic)
Nyx<Imp>original_character

facial->cum_on_face

creampie -> cum_in_pussy

cream_pie will be for the actual pie.

draconaquis/draconequis/all other spellings -> draconequus

Correct spelling based on: http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/File:Lauren_Faust_Discord_spelling_draconequus.png

Werewolf
Contributor
5 years ago
apple applejack bat_wings blonde_hair earth_pony equine fang female filly foal generation_4 green_eyes high_res messy_hair norang94 orange_body pony sitting solo transparent_background vampire wings young rating:Safe score:1 user:Werewolf

Dialog - 53
Dialogue - 146

Both are technically correct spellings, but I vote we alias dialog to dialogue. Currently one is redundant and unnecessary.

Ponisyde said:
Alias rockopossom and rockopossum to holly massey pls

Alias my_butt to your_face pls :3

Ponisyde
Contributor
5 years ago

ippiki_ookami said:
Alias my_butt to your_face pls :3

Always knew you were a pony.

Werewolf
Contributor
5 years ago

Bunny - 29 pics
Rabbit - 98 pics

Alias bunny to rabbit, plzkthnx?

Multicolored_hair -> multi-colored_hair.

Werewolf
Contributor
5 years ago

Rainbow_hair should imply multi-colored_hair.
Alicorn should imply horn and wings (not sure if it already does).

Ass -> butt. Doggystyle -> doggy_position.

Werewolf said:
Alicorn should imply horn and wings (not sure if it already does).

I'm not so sure. I've seen pictures of Princess Celestia where her wings are not visible in the picture, and at least one where her horn can't be seen. Same with pegasus->wings and unicorn->horn. Or should we not tag known pegasi or unicorns or alicorns as such if the parts that identify them as such are not portrayed?

CocoaBean said:
I'm not so sure. I've seen pictures of Princess Celestia where her wings are not visible in the picture, and at least one where her horn can't be seen. Same with pegasus->wings and unicorn->horn. Or should we not tag know pegasi or unicorns or alicorns as such if the parts that identify them as such are not portrayed?

If you can't see her wings or horn, then it shouldn't be tagged with alicorn.

Werewolf
Contributor
5 years ago

CocoaBean said:
Same with pegasus->wings and unicorn->horn. Or should we not tag known pegasi or unicorns or alicorns as such if the parts that identify them as such are not portrayed?

I know for a fact that pegasus -> wings and unicorn -> horn. By definition, an alicorn has both wings and a horn. If it doesn't it's not an alicorn.

SUGGESTION:
"Crying" implies "tears."
Not implying each other; we might happen upon one of those abstract images where there are tears, but you can't see anyone crying. Other than that, you can't really have one without the other.

EDIT: Alright, I have another one.
Alias "Fus_Ro_Dah" to "Dragon_shout".
"Fus Ro Dah" is the chant used to perform the attack, but it's actually called a Dragon Shout.

Artist alias: "brianblackberry" A.K.A. "brian_mcpherson"

Werewolf
Contributor
5 years ago

Every picture with a pony in it has to be tagged pony, horse and equine. Two of these tags are clearly redundant. I move that horse and equine be discarded. They're technically accurate, but they're utterly useless as tags for this particular image board.

If they're not discarded, I humbly suggest the following implications:

earth_pony -> pony, horse, equine
pegasus -> pony, horse, equine
unicorn -> pony, horse, equine
alicorn -> pony, horse, equine

Werewolf said:
Every picture with a pony in it has to be tagged pony, horse and equine. Two of these tags are clearly redundant. I move that horse and equine be discarded. They're technically accurate, but they're utterly useless as tags for this particular image board.

If they're not discarded, I humbly suggest the following implications:

earth_pony -> pony, horse, equine
pegasus -> pony, horse, equine
unicorn -> pony, horse, equine
alicorn -> pony, horse, equine

or just implicate them >_>

dj-pon3, dj pon-3, dj p0n-3, dj p0n3, and any other renderings people can think of for the same character's stage name should alias to --> Vinyl Scratch

Artist alias: dinopopsicle -> furrydinner, or vice versa. All of the pics we have here are tagged furrydinner.

For proof's sake: http://dinopopsicle.tumblr.com has a "my dA" link to http://furrydinner.deviantart.com, the art styles match, and several of the pictures on dA are also on tumblr, so I think it's pretty safe to say it's the same person.

EDIT: on the other hoof, the artist says on both their dA and tumblr that they wish to be called "Bec, Dino, or Jess", so maybe dinopopsicle would be the better alias to keep?

Artist alias: klondike -> kl0ndike. We've got several of both, and they're all the same artist at http://kl0ndike.deviantart.com.