News - Aug 14, 2017 (4 months ago)

We are experiencing an issue with the uploading system

When you upload, you may get a "File Not Found" Error. We are currently contacting our web admin in order to fix the issue, but until then, we have a work-around that has proven to work for the time being. If you wish to upload, please save the image to your computer, then add it to the upload screen through the "Browse" button. We hope that works for now and will make a notification when the issue is fixed.
~Princess Luna

X

clothed -> clothing

earring: 445
ear_ring: 7

honestly I think they're two words and would like to recommend aliasing towards ear_ring ... but obviously earring is the more well established spelling. Although that's a small enough number some pony could go through and fix the tags manually ... I know, that's what computers are for but I hate seeing all the cruft that must be building up just looking at this topic alone.

internetcatchphrase said:
hikxie -> justpony

Done.

Tradewind said:
Nightmare Rarity is a canon character (in the context of the Official MLP Comics), so I think it needs a separate tag, just as Nightmare_moon =/= Princess Luna.

Tradewind's got a point - I've changed those three pics back to nightmare_rarity and aliased nightmare_rarity_(mlp) to nightmare_rarity.

internetcatchphrase said:
clothed -> clothing

Went with an implication on this one - clothed does necessarily mean there's clothing in a picture, but there could easily be pictures that depict clothing that's not being worn by anypony.

AKmalamute said:
earring: 445
ear_ring: 7

honestly I think they're two words and would like to recommend aliasing towards ear_ring ...

Done. earring is a valid endocentric compound word - i.e., it's in the dictionary. Not that ear_ring is not a valid term, but as you said, earring is more common, so I chose to keep that one.

Werewolf
Contributor
4 years ago
apple applejack bat_wings blonde_hair earth_pony equine fang female filly foal generation_4 green_eyes high_res messy_hair norang94 orange_body pony sitting solo transparent_background vampire wings young rating:Safe score:1 user:Werewolf

Artist:Pixellatedcake is now artist:Joieart

Source: http://joieart.deviantart.com/journal/New-Username-JoieArt-359126686

Alias plzkthnx.

So, I'm not sure we have a lot of these kind of images, but if I (or, you know ... anyone else ...) upload much Fo:E inspired images, this is a topic that is heavily used in the stories so it's bound to need a tag ...

Cutie marks that are brands. Dashites' mark is intended to resemble Rainbow Dash's ... because she is toted as their ultimate traitor so every pegasus that turns their back on the clouds is forever marked as a shunned pony, never to return.

Also, there's P-21. His mark was prevented by magically adding an artificial mark when he was P-1 (one pip) with another pip added with each young pony stallion, bumping him up in the ranks. Now, I expect there'll never be any P-x images other than the two we meet (P-21 and U-20) but still, we should probably have a tag for it.

Corrupted_cutie_mark? Damaged_cutie_mark? Any image with Morning Glory as a dashite would qualify for this tag, such as #37537 ...

Werewolf
Contributor
4 years ago
apple applejack bat_wings blonde_hair earth_pony equine fang female filly foal generation_4 green_eyes high_res messy_hair norang94 orange_body pony sitting solo transparent_background vampire wings young rating:Safe score:1 user:Werewolf

I think this should be covered by the Tag What You See rules. A cutie mark is tagged as "_____ cutie mark," where _____ is what it looks like. The only exception I can think of off-hoof is the wrong_cutie_mark tag, where a canon pony with an established appearance and cutie mark has a different cutie mark than they're supposed to.

IMO, Morning Glory's cutie mark is a lightning bolt, therefore, lightning cutie mark (Dash's oddly enough, is a rainbow cutie mark, but Glory's is colorless).

Also, made Fallout: Equestria a copyright tag, since that seem the most fitting.

red_mane -> red_hair

Also,

red_fur and green_fur still need to be -> to red_body and green_body respectively. I've been dealing with instances as they appear. Not essential to have them auto-changed, but it would be one less thing to monitor.

edit:

hallogreen is pwnypony.

http://hallogreen.deviantart.com/gallery/

The signature on the images is "pwny."

Pwnypony is by far the more common tag on 20pc.

Werewolf
Contributor
4 years ago

I've asked this before and I ask it again: why do we have a horse tag? I see it on imports from e621 and I have no clue why we need it. It is utterly redundant with the pony tag. It's not useful for pics of actual horses; that's what the realistic tag is for.

Could we get horse aliased to invalid tag, please? Failing that, could somepony explain to me why it is necessary to have two redundant tags?

Werewolf said:
I've asked this before and I ask it again: why do we have a horse tag? I see it on imports from e621 and I have no clue why we need it. It is utterly redundant with the pony tag. It's not useful for pics of actual horses; that's what the realistic tag is for.

Could we get horse aliased to invalid tag, please? Failing that, could somepony explain to me why it is necessary to have two redundant tags?

No, because realistic could refer o a realistic pony character and if we aliased away horse, it would be indistinguishable from that

applejack_(eg)
fluttershy_(eg)
pinkie_pie_(eg)
rainbow_dash_(eg)
rarity_(eg)
spike_(eg)
twilight_sparkle_(eg)

Auto-change them to their regular character tags?

edit: found these, too

little_strongheart_(mlp)
shadowbolts_(mlp)
apple_fritter_(mlp)
mare_do_well_(mlp)
fiddlesticks_(mlp)
smarty_pants_(mlp)
roid_rage_(mlp)
lily_(mlp)
belle_eve_(mlp)
ursa_major_(mlp)
starswirl_the_bearded_(mlp)
steven_magnet_(mlp)

edit #2:

black_fur -> black_body

Been manually dealing with them as they arise, but there keep being uploads tagged with (something)_skin. I think they should be auto-changed to the corresponding _body tags, the way _fur tags are. That tag works whether the body in question is furry, scaly, feathery, or...skinny.

Werewolf
Contributor
4 years ago

Fluttershy said:
No, because realistic could refer o a realistic pony character and if we aliased away horse, it would be indistinguishable from that

But . . . why do we have horse? I genuinely do not understand.

The characters in FiM are ponies. Even Princess Celestia is a pony. There are no horses, unless you count the denizens of Saddle Arabia. Yes, I realize that IRL, ponies are a type of horse, but it's an utterly redundant, and therefore worthless, tag.

It would be like requiring every pic tagged with "[color]_eyes" to also include tags like "eyeball" and "eyelash" and "eyelid" and "face." Yes, they're in the pic, but they're absolutely worthless as tags because they do not facilitate searching, blacklisting, useful description, or any other feature I can think of.

Am I wrong? Because if so, I am totally missing the benefit of the "horse" tag.

On an unrelated note, I'm seeing fanart of characters from the IDW comics that do not appear in the show, such as Wheat Grass and Flax Seed, and Nightmare Rarity. Since these characters are canon, but have not and likely will not appear in the TV show, perhaps we should create IDW as a copyright tag? Comic-only characters could imply IDW.

Werewolf said:
But . . . why do we have horse? I genuinely do not understand.

The characters in FiM are ponies. Even Princess Celestia is a pony. There are no horses, unless you count the denizens of Saddle Arabia. Yes, I realize that IRL, ponies are a type of horse, but it's an utterly redundant, and therefore worthless, tag.

It would be like requiring every pic tagged with "[color]_eyes" to also include tags like "eyeball" and "eyelash" and "eyelid" and "face." Yes, they're in the pic, but they're absolutely worthless as tags because they do not facilitate searching, blacklisting, useful description, or any other feature I can think of.

Am I wrong? Because if so, I am totally missing the benefit of the "horse" tag.

On an unrelated note, I'm seeing fanart of characters from the IDW comics that do not appear in the show, such as Wheat Grass and Flax Seed, and Nightmare Rarity. Since these characters are canon, but have not and likely will not appear in the TV show, perhaps we should create IDW as a copyright tag? Comic-only characters could imply IDW.

It's because horses (not cartoon ponies) can appear in posts with FIM characters and the realistic tag isn't quite accurate for it

Such as in instances like

Aside from that, I'll clean up the tags if no one else does it in a few days

Werewolf
Contributor
4 years ago

Fluttershy said:
It's because horses (not cartoon ponies) can appear in posts with FIM characters and the realistic tag isn't quite accurate for it

Such as in instances like

Ah, okay. To be clear, this means we don't need horse on pics that contain only pony characters, correct?

Also, what about my IDW tag idea? I'd be glad to implement it, but I don't want to start something the mods are against.

Werewolf said:
Ah, okay. To be clear, this means we don't need horse on pics that contain only pony characters, correct?

I try to keep the 'horse' tags cleaned up, and only on images that I think actually need it. It's usually when there's a mass upload from e621 that the horse tag gets spammed.

Werewolf said:

Also, what about my IDW tag idea? I'd be glad to implement it, but I don't want to start something the mods are against.

Yes that's what it's intended use is, also what is IDW?

Werewolf
Contributor
4 years ago

Fluttershy said:
also what is IDW?

IDW Publishing, publishers of the FiM comics (which, BTW, are awesome).

Aw I see, what was your idea with them?

Werewolf
Contributor
4 years ago

Fluttershy said:
Aw I see, what was your idea with them?

Late reply is late.

I've been adding IDW as a copyright tag to posts with characters that appear exclusively in the comics (so far, just Nightmare Rarity, though there are others that will show up here in time).

Edit:Such as the Wheat Grass and Flax Seed pics I've just uploaded.

anomaly
Contributor
4 years ago
2013 brown_body clouds female generation_4 gilda_(mlp) griffon lunwere sky solo wings yellow_eyes young rating:Safe score:1 user:anomaly

Alias:
carnifex -> siansaar
Same artist.

shadowbolts_(mlp) -> the_shadowbolts
little_strongheart_(mlp) -> little_strongheart
steven_magnet_(mlp) -> steven_magnet
raindrops_(mlp) -> raindrops
lily_(mlp) -> lily
pokey_pierce_(mlp) -> pokey_pierce
everypony_(mlp) -> absolutely_everyone
captain_courage_(mlp) -> captain_courage
sir_lintcelot_(mlp) -> sir_lintcelot
rockey_(mlp) -> rocky (note spelling)
chief_thunderhooves_(mlp) -> chief_thunderhooves
apple_fritter_(mlp) -> apple_fritter
mr_turnips_(mlp) -> mr_turnips
belle_eve_(mlp) -> belle_eve
cloud_kicker_(mlp) -> cloud_kicker
pinkiepool_(mlp) -> pinkie_pie
ursa_major_(mlp) -> ursa_major
sea_serpent_(mlp) -> invalid_tag (seems unnecessary)
ruby_(mlp) -> ruby_(character)
sheriff_silverstar_(mlp) -> sheriff_silverstar
posey_(mlp) -> posey
sparkler_(mlp) -> sparkler
mare_do_well_(mlp) -> mare_do_well
unicorn_guard_(mlp) -> royal_guard
bloomberg_(mlp) -> bloomberg

anomaly
Contributor
4 years ago
2013 brown_body clouds female generation_4 gilda_(mlp) griffon lunwere sky solo wings yellow_eyes young rating:Safe score:1 user:anomaly

Alias
karol_pawlinski -> shadowsquirrel
same artist

anomaly
Contributor
4 years ago

BTW if horse tag is kept for reason few posts above wouldn't it make sense to remove implications:
unicorn -> pony
pegasus -> pony
etc.?

There could be non-pony examples of such species in pictures.

Not an alias request, but a tagging comment. On post #40692 I removed 'uncanny_valley' because, IMHO, that's an incredibly subjective finding (although I grant you, 3d + anthro tends towards that valley. But still).

Also, is there a tag for Fluttershy's bunny suit of infiltration? I just uploaded an image with her wearing it but can't, yet, find a good tag far that (#42797 if some helpful person just wants to add it)

Werewolf
Contributor
4 years ago

AKmalamute said:
Also, is there a tag for Fluttershy's bunny suit of infiltration? I just uploaded an image with her wearing it but can't, yet, find a good tag far that (#42797 if some helpful person just wants to add it)

Bunny suit, maybe? I don't think it has a formal title.

General question, since I can't find a better thread for it: what, exactly, is the line between Questionable and Explicit? I would have thought visible genitalia and/or sex would be a good break point, but there are currently 97 pics with cameltoe (which, let's be honest, is female genitalia) and are only rated Q.

Meanwhile, we have post #31038, which was rated Explicit by somepony, despite showing no sex or naughty bits - even the artist says it's not meant as sex.

Finally, does this apply only to sexual situations, or to gore? Does a pic with swearing in it automatically warrant the Questionable rating? I've looked in vain for a definitive rating guide.

anomaly
Contributor
4 years ago

alias
looking_at_each_other -> eye_contact

Reason: Same meaning.

anomaly said:
alias
looking_at_each_other -> eye_contact

Reason: Same meaning.

Hmm, I'd say you're right, and eye_contact is much more concise.

Werewolf
Contributor
4 years ago

I shall quote myself in the hopes of getting a response.

Werewolf said:
General question, since I can't find a better thread for it: what, exactly, is the line between Questionable and Explicit? I would have thought visible genitalia and/or sex would be a good break point, but there are currently 97 pics with cameltoe (which, let's be honest, is female genitalia) and are only rated Q.

Finally, does this apply only to sexual situations, or to gore? Does a pic with swearing in it automatically warrant the Questionable rating? I've looked in vain for a definitive rating guide.

I've seen Fluttershy's outfit from Magic Duel refferred to as the "dangerous mission outfit".