News - Aug 14, 2017 (2 months ago)

We are experiencing an issue with the uploading system

When you upload, you may get a "File Not Found" Error. We are currently contacting our web admin in order to fix the issue, but until then, we have a work-around that has proven to work for the time being. If you wish to upload, please save the image to your computer, then add it to the upload screen through the "Browse" button. We hope that works for now and will make a notification when the issue is fixed.
~Princess Luna

X

draconequis -> draconequus
Looking through the tags, that seems to be the only misspelling we've got. (EDIT: for this tag, I mean)

Alias: Roseluck to Rose (Because she is called "Rose" on the show, and we can't rely on toys very much (They named a Daisy-based toy as "Flower Wishes" ಠ_ಠ, not to mention Trixie/Lulamoon, etc.))
As for the pictures with a rose flower, I think we should use the tag "rose_(flower)"

Werewolf
Contributor
5 years ago
apple applejack bat_wings blonde_hair earth_pony equine fang female filly foal generation_4 green_eyes high_res messy_hair norang94 orange_body pony sitting solo transparent_background vampire wings young rating:Safe score:1 user:Werewolf

Rainbow_Dude said:
Alias: Roseluck to Rose

There is an earlier generation pony named Roseluck, if I'm not mistaken.

Snapshot
Contributor
5 years ago
absurd_res alpha_channel bag baseball_cap blue_eyes clothing costume cutie_mark equine freckles happy hat kloudmutt male my_little_pony open_mouth orange_body original_character pegasus pokémon pony red_hair saddlebag shirt snapshot solo to_keep wings rating:Safe score:0 user:Ryan_Speedhooves

Alright I've completed several aliases/implications that were backlogged here.

As for the "Rose" alias, before we can do that someone needs to go through all pics currently tagged with "rose" and retag ones that should be "rose_(flower)". I don't have time to do it this morning.

Snapshot said:
As for the "Rose" alias, before we can do that someone needs to go through all pics currently tagged with "rose" and retag ones that should be "rose_(flower)". I don't have time to do it this morning.

Done.

Werewolf said:
There is an earlier generation pony named Roseluck, if I'm not mistaken.

Checked up on that, and apparently not. We've got Posey Rose, Desert Rose, Royal Rose, June Rose, Rose Garden, Rose Blossom, and Diamond Rose, as well as a baby pony named just Rose back in G2 that came packaged with another baby pony named Lily, but no Roseluck until it got tagged onto the background pony from Bridle Gossip.

Werewolf
Contributor
5 years ago
apple applejack bat_wings blonde_hair earth_pony equine fang female filly foal generation_4 green_eyes high_res messy_hair norang94 orange_body pony sitting solo transparent_background vampire wings young rating:Safe score:1 user:Werewolf

Cocoa_Bean said:
Checked up on that, and apparently not. We've got Posey Rose, Desert Rose, Royal Rose, June Rose, Rose Garden, Rose Blossom, and Diamond Rose, as well as a baby pony named just Rose back in G2 that came packaged with another baby pony named Lily, but no Roseluck until it got tagged onto the background pony from Bridle Gossip.

Huh. I would have bet money that there was a G1 pony named Roseluck, but it appears you're right.

Edit: The Queen of the G1 Flutter Ponies was named Rosedust. That must be where I got the idea.

Snapshot
Contributor
5 years ago
absurd_res alpha_channel bag baseball_cap blue_eyes clothing costume cutie_mark equine freckles happy hat kloudmutt male my_little_pony open_mouth orange_body original_character pegasus pokémon pony red_hair saddlebag shirt snapshot solo to_keep wings rating:Safe score:0 user:Ryan_Speedhooves

Created the roseluck -> rose alias.

Suggestion: artist alias, swaetshrit->sweatshirt_(artist), because http://swaetshrit.deviantart.com/

Snapshot
Contributor
5 years ago

Cocoa_Bean said:
Suggestion: artist alias, swaetshrit->sweatshirt_(artist), because http://swaetshrit.deviantart.com/

Done

Suggestion: alias eyes_closed to closed_eyes, perhaps? Or vice versa - I like closed_eyes more myself, because it parallels in style tags like green_eyes and blue_eyes, but the nice thing about aliases is, it doesn't matter; you tag one, you get the other, you search for one, you search for the other...

Werewolf
Contributor
5 years ago

Cocoa_Bean said:
Suggestion: alias eyes_closed to closed_eyes, perhaps? Or vice versa - I like closed_eyes more myself, because it parallels in style tags like green_eyes and blue_eyes, but the nice thing about aliases is, it doesn't matter; you tag one, you get the other, you search for one, you search for the other...

I vote for closed_eyes > eyes_closed for exactly the opposite reason. Either one works, though.

Snapshot
Contributor
5 years ago

Cocoa_Bean said:

I went with closed_eyes -> eyes_closed. "eyes_closed" is the more popular of the two tags.

Artist alias: schabi->schiraki (or vice versa). See http://schabi.deviantart.com/ and http://www.furaffinity.net/user/schiraki/.

S/He uploads higher-resolution work to dA under the username "schabi"; however, s/he also signs the work itself "schiraki", so to my mind "schiraki" should be the tag we keep.

Snapshot
Contributor
5 years ago

Cocoa_Bean said:
Artist alias: schabi->schiraki (or vice versa). See http://schabi.deviantart.com/ and http://www.furaffinity.net/user/schiraki/.

S/He uploads higher-resolution work to dA under the username "schabi"; however, s/he also signs the work itself "schiraki", so to my mind "schiraki" should be the tag we keep.

schabi->schiraki alias created

Found another one: the artist fluro-knife at http://fluro-knife.deviantart.com/ is also known as owljam at http://www.furaffinity.net/user/owljam/, as well as http://owljams.tumblr.com/. Not sure which alias to keep, we've only got the one picture so far.

Aliases: Applebloom to Apple Bloom (As from the credits)
Bonbon to Bon Bon (That's the correct form, as from "My Little Pony Tales" (where her name comes from))
Mr Cake to Carrot Cake (real name)
Mrs Cake to Cup Cake (same)

Artist alias: nemurism <-> nmrbk
http://nemurism.tumblr.com and http://nmrbk.deviantart.com
Not sure which would be the better alias to keep. She tags all her tumblr art posts with "nmrbk", though.

Artist alias: mewglethewolf <-> mewgswolfie

All the ones we've got right now are tagged mewgswolfie.

Tag alias: bellybutton/belly_button -> navel.

We only had four bellybuttons and two belly_buttons, so I went ahead and switched the tags over.

Artist alias: smitty_g <-> smittyg

We've got several of both, doesn't matter which one we keep, really.

Snapshot
Contributor
5 years ago

Created all of the aliases since my last post except the ones regarding Mr and Mrs cake. I think we'll need to put some thought into those because "carrot_cake" and "cup_cake" could just as easily refer to the actual food items. Granted, "cup_cake" is actually "cupcake" for the food item, but I could still see some confusion occurring. I think it should at least be discussed a bit.

Alias: Trixie to Trixie_Lulamoon
Alias: Lyra to Lyra_Heartstrings
Because they're the official (if blind bag) names.

Alias: Unknown_Pony to Unknown_Character.
Because not every unrecognizable character is a pony.

PsychoShy said:

If we're going to do it this way, we also need to be sure to alias Lulamoon to Trixie_Lulamoon and Heartstrings to Lyra_Heartstrings. Remember that the whole reason tags are there is to facilitate searching for images - right now, if somebody comes here armed only with blind bag names and searches for, say, Heartstrings, they'll find nothing.

Personally, I wouldn't go this particular route, not least because not every blind bag/strong fanon name pair is single-worded. What about Carrot_Top and Golden_Harvest? Do we alias both to Carrot_Top_Golden_Harvest? How about Derpy_Hooves_Ditzy_Doo? Seems a little silly. Instead, I'd either pick one name and go with it, aliasing the other to it (i.e., alias Heartstrings to Lyra and leave it at that, so that searching for Heartstrings brings up pictures of Lyra, etc.) or possibly implicate each to the other, so that characters in this situation get both tags (for those people who absolutely have to see the name they prefer in the tags).

And, from my previous examples, if we're going to do this - however we decide to do this - we should probably also alias/implicate/whatever Carrot_Top and Golden_Harvest, and Derpy_Hooves and Ditzy_Doo.

Slops
Contributor
5 years ago
2011 derp derpy_hooves dont_transfer duplicate equine female generation_4 inspired_by_proper_art moe painting parody pegasus pony solo wings rating:Safe score:3 user:Ratte

Cocoa_Bean said:
Personally, I wouldn't go this particular route, not least because not every blind bag/strong fanon name pair is single-worded. What about Carrot_Top and Golden_Harvest? Do we alias both to Carrot_Top_Golden_Harvest? How about Derpy_Hooves_Ditzy_Doo?

The Trixie/Lyra examples are named that way because the newest round of blindbags changed their names from Lulamoon to Trixie Lulamoon and from Heartstrings to Lyra Heartstrings.

Personally I don't see the point. The blindbag names are named that way because those are the trademarkable names Hasbro's toy division could get, not because the characters are called that in the show.
Since this page is about the pony fandom and not a catalogue reference of toy names, why do the toy names matter around here?
Do you honestly think there's a lot of people searching for Lulamoon instead of Trixie?

Not trying to start a debate here or anything, just throwing in my 2€

For reference, here's a few more Blindbag name's if you guys are serious about making those aliases.
Blues -> Noteworthy
Daisy -> Flowerwishes
Rose -> Roseluck
Raindrop -> Lucky Dreams

Werewolf
Contributor
5 years ago

I vote for going with the names used in the show only, and aliasing all toy names to those. I agree with Slops; this site is about the fandom as a whole, and 99% of the fandom is based on the cartoon, not the toys.

I think it's awesome that Hasbro chose to canonize Lyra's fan-given name, but that doesn't mean we need to embrace the more awkward names (seriously? Golden Harvest?) in preference to the perfectly reasonable show or fan names.

My suggestions:

Lulamoon, Trixie_Lulamoon -> Trixie
Heartstrings, Lyra_Heartstrings -> Lyra
Golden_Harvest -> Carrot_Top

PsychoShy said:

I'm not sure about Lyra H., but I strongly disagree with Trixie Lulamoon.
It's the argument I used for Roseluck => Rose. Id est, Show-canon is more important than Toy-canon

Slops said:
Daisy -> Flower Wishes
Rose -> Roseluck
Raindrops -> Lucky Dreams

Those can't be, because Daisy and Rose were named in the show. And Lucky Dreams doesn't even look like Raindrops!

Werewolf said:
I think it's awesome that Hasbro chose to canonize Lyra's fan-given name, but that doesn't mean we need to embrace the more awkward names (seriously? Golden Harvest?) in preference to the perfectly reasonable show or fan names.

Yeah. The only Toy Names I refuse to accept are: Golden Harvest, Amethyst Star (Sparkler) and Shoeshine (Linky). Oh, and Berryshine, because she is a unicorn. But we all can ~pretend~ her name is Berryshine "Berry" Punch. It's funny because of Moonshine.
They have lots of acceptable names:
Cherry Berry (Cherry); Twinkleshine (Twinkle); Sea Swirl (Seafoam); Sassaflash (Wind Whistler); Merry May (Flora); Minuette (Colgate); Goldengrape (Colton Vines); Meadow Song, etc.

Implicate Noel <-> Ohnonoel. Same person.
Implicate Exploding guy <-> Explosivegent. Same person.

Gosh, guys; throw half a page of ranting when the important one was the one underneath it. >_>

Alias: Pony_Joe -> Donut_Joe
Canon name, as the new episode reveals.

Two_color_hair has 309 tags, three-color_hair has 49, at the time of writing. Three-color_hair has none after I changed a very few to three_color_hair, which has...many. Two_color_hair seems more popular, and it's a more consistent theme with three_color_hair.

Werewolf
Contributor
5 years ago

Alias:
Princess_Molestia ->Molestia
Reason: She's not a princess; she's a succubus.

Implications:
Molestia -> succubus
Princess_Celestia -> royalty
Princess_Luna -> royalty
Princess_Cadance -> royalty