News - Oct 09, 2016 (8 months ago)

New Rule Effective Oct. 17

Please visit the forums for more details, or click here to read forum #11357

X
Slops
Contributor
5 years ago
2011 derp derpy_hooves dont_transfer duplicate equine female generation_4 inspired_by_proper_art moe painting parody pegasus pony solo wings rating:Safe score:3 user:Ratte

Molestia=demon isn't in everyone's fanon.
The first picture stated such, but it hasn't really been acknowledged pretty much anywhere since and most seem to treat her more as Celestia's alternate personality/evil twin rather than an otherworldly demon.

Also, you forgot:
Prince_Blueblood -> Royalty


Slops said:
Molestia=demon isn't in everyone's fanon.
The first picture stated such, but it hasn't really been acknowledged pretty much anywhere since and most seem to treat her more as Celestia's alternate personality/evil twin rather than an otherworldly demon.

Also, you forgot:
Prince_Blueblood -> Royalty

For once I'm in agreement with slops here, in most sites fanon molestia is just a molesting version of celestia, no demon involved. Therefor, no implication.


Tag alias: cameltoe -> camel_toe
I went ahead and changed the few "cameltoe"s we had over. It's just fresh in my mind because I keep forgetting which one's correct.


Alias: changeling_queen to queen_chrysalis (official name, according to Nayuki)
Alias: Soarin to Soarin' (coorect spelling, according to Amy Keating Rogers)

And once again about the Cakes (Carrot_Cake and Cup_Cake). I don't think that the possibility of mistaking their names with the name of food is really a problem. The same thing applies to their children Pound & Pumpkin Cake. And the whole Apple Family! (Apple_Fritter, Apple_Bumpkin, Red_Gala, Red_Delicious, Golden_Delicious, Caramel_Apple, Apple_Strudel, etc.)
Also, even if one happens to mistake "Cup_Cake" and "Cupcake", this can be solved via tags such as "baked_goods" or maybe "food"


Rainbow_Dude said:
And once again about the Cakes

I have to say that I agree with Mr. Dude on this one. I think the possibility of a picture being uploaded that contains a cake that is so unmistakably and undeniably a carrot cake that it needs to be tagged as such is vanishingly remote; and, if such a picture does surface, it can be tagged carrot_cake_(baked_goods) or something similar. This is a site for pictures of ponies, not cakes, and it would not be unreasonable to rule that the tag carrot_cake refers to a pony named Carrot Cake, not an actual carrot cake. After all, we're already using "rose" as a character tag and "rose_(flower)" for the flower, and I can identify a flower as a rose in a picture a lot quicker than I can identify what kind of cake I'm looking at.

Werewolf
Contributor
5 years ago
apple applejack bat_wings blonde_hair earth_pony equine fang female filly foal generation_4 green_eyes high_res messy_hair norang94 orange_body pony sitting solo transparent_background vampire wings young rating:Safe score:1 user:Werewolf

Cocoa_Bean said:
I have to say that I agree with Mr. Dude on this one.

I cannot disagree with that logic. My only argument is that I tend to think of them, not as Cup Cake and Carrot Cake, but as Mrs Cake and Mr Cake. By this logic, we should do away with the Pinke_Pie tag and use her real name, Pinkamena_Diane_Pie . . . except, of course, that Pinkie Pie is how she's known. Likewise, the Cakes are known as Mr and Mrs Cake.

That said, it wouldn't make me unhappy to change the tags.


Werewolf said:
By this logic, we should do away with the Pinke_Pie tag and use her real name, Pinkamena_Diane_Pie...

Mm, point well taken. I guess what I'm getting at is this. What's the purpose of a tag? Simply put, to facilitate searching for pictures with specific content. If somebody were to search the site for the tag "carrot_cake", it would not be unreasonable to assume they were looking for pictures of Mr. Cake, not a carrot cake, this being a pony site and all. It doesn't matter one bit whether the tag "carrot_cake" or "mr_cake" is preserved, so long as the alias is there to tie the two together and make the search work.

Werewolf
Contributor
5 years ago
apple applejack bat_wings blonde_hair earth_pony equine fang female filly foal generation_4 green_eyes high_res messy_hair norang94 orange_body pony sitting solo transparent_background vampire wings young rating:Safe score:1 user:Werewolf

Cocoa_Bean said:
If somebody were to search the site for the tag "carrot_cake", it would not be unreasonable to assume they were looking for pictures of Mr. Cake, not a carrot cake, this being a pony site and all. It doesn't matter one bit whether the tag "carrot_cake" or "mr_cake" is preserved, so long as the alias is there to tie the two together and make the search work.

Ah, an excellent point. Objection withdrawn.


Artist alias: cheriel -> fiarel

Both are the same person, from http://cheriel.deviantart.com/

See here for an example of the "fiarel" signature: http://cheriel.deviantart.com/art/mornin-AJ-263373070


Artist alias: zia-ferret -> night-ferocity

She's moved all the pony art that's been uploaded here over to her night-ferocity account; I've gone ahead and changed all the artist tags and source links.


Princess_Cadence to Princess_Cadance
That's the right spelling [check here]


alien_(series)->alien_(franchise)
more accurate

musical->music
same thing

inside->indoors or vice versa
same thing being used twice

fez->hat (Implication)
apparently it's a hat

colored_background, backdrop, background->invalid_background
Redundant to have these because every image has one.
invalid_background helps people find and identify the background.

red, blue, green, etc,->invalid_color
having a color not attached to something can being maddeningly unhelpful

Also, suggesting aliasing screen ratio tags(3:4, 1200:900, etc) to invalid_tag
Wallpaper, bookmark, icon tags are good enough and exact pixel ratio can still be searched without a tag.

Also, also, what is with invalid_tag? It's now an artist tag but that don't make no sense


Rainbow_Slash said:
fez->hat
apparently it's a hat

This should be an implication, not an alias. One might want to search for pictures depicting a fez specifically without getting pictures depicting other styles of hat.


Cocoa_Bean said:
This should be an implication, not an alias. One might want to search for pictures depicting a fez specifically without getting pictures depicting other styles of hat.

Ah yes, my mistake, I meant implication

*fixed


Welp, since dA implemented name changes, I guess we're gonna need some new aliases. I've got three for starters:

foxkin is now skipsypony.
jungleanimal is now junglepony.
extvia is now tysontan.

I'll post more as I find'em.


Isn't it kind of redundant to have changeling_queen and queen_chrysalis? They both reference the same character, so why not just call her by name?

Also, shouldn't the princesses and possibly Chrysalis all have the alicorn tag as an implication?


DragonRanger said:
Isn't it kind of redundant to have changeling_queen and queen_chrysalis? They both reference the same character, so why not just call her by name?

Also, shouldn't the princesses and possibly Chrysalis all have the alicorn tag as an implication?

The changelings aren't alicorns, their changelings, its a species all its own. So no.


Well, that's fine, but what about the other points I made?

I also took the liberty of changing the three artist names Cocoa Bean mentioned above.


DragonRanger said:
Isn't it kind of redundant to have changeling_queen and queen_chrysalis? They both reference the same character, so why not just call her by name?

I can agree to that, it seems as though we named the character twice. But first we must ask the question, what is the difference in the names?

Also, aliases ganton3->tukari-g3 and recycletiger->melancholysanctuary already changed them but it would be nice to alias for future posting

Slops
Contributor
5 years ago
2011 derp derpy_hooves dont_transfer duplicate equine female generation_4 inspired_by_proper_art moe painting parody pegasus pony solo wings rating:Safe score:3 user:Ratte

Alias pedro992 -> gonein10seconds
Artist renamed his deviantart account.
http://gonein10seconds.deviantart.com/


Another artist name change: missmanga14 is now chibi-c.


DragonRanger said:
Isn't it kind of redundant to have changeling_queen and queen_chrysalis? They both reference the same character, so why not just call her by name?


Queen Chrysalis is a changeling queen, but not all changeling queens are Chrysalis. She's just the only Canon one. I suspected there were going to be OC changeling queens, which was why when tagging a Queen Chrysalis pic I always added the tag changeling_queen. I turned out to be right in my guess.

Perhaps changeling_queen could be auto-added to queen_chrysalis pics, like horn is to unicorn? Just a thought. The tag changeling_queen is currently a character: tag. That does seem like it should be changed. Perhaps it should be reduced to just a plain old tag, like changeling or earth_pony?


internetcatchphrase said:


Queen Chrysalis is a changeling queen, but not all changeling queens are Chrysalis. She's just the only Canon one. I suspected there were going to be OC changeling queens, which was why when tagging a Queen Chrysalis pic I always added the tag changeling_queen. I turned out to be right in my guess.

Perhaps changeling_queen could be auto-added to queen_chrysalis pics, like horn is to unicorn? Just a thought. The tag changeling_queen is currently a character: tag. That does seem like it should be changed. Perhaps it should be reduced to just a plain old tag, like changeling or earth_pony?

I agree with this. We should make it an implication and change it to a gen tag. Also, thanks for clearing that up. It had me very confused as well.


Date: 6-15-12

Tag high_res: 311
Tag hi_res: 181

Suggestion: auto-change all instances of hi_res to high_res (or vice versa, though high_res seems more popular), and have future searches for hi_res display results tagged high_res (or, again, visey-versy). It's just that having both tags seems unnecessary.


internetcatchphrase said:
Date: 6-15-12

Tag high_res: 311
Tag hi_res: 181

Suggestion: auto-change all instances of hi_res to high_res (or vice versa, though high_res seems more popular), and have future searches for hi_res display results tagged high_res (or, again, visey-versy). It's just that having both tags seems unnecessary.

If they are aliased then either one you search for will return results for both anyway

hi_res might not be more popular but it's more universal. In other words it makes sense to have both words abbreviated.

Werewolf
Contributor
5 years ago
apple applejack bat_wings blonde_hair earth_pony equine fang female filly foal generation_4 green_eyes high_res messy_hair norang94 orange_body pony sitting solo transparent_background vampire wings young rating:Safe score:1 user:Werewolf

I recommend they all be aliased to extraordinarily_superior_resolution.


That's for absurd_res


Could there be a thing that auto-removes the unknown_artist tag from a pic when an artist: tag is added? I keep coming across pics tagged with both their artist tag and unknown_artist.


internetcatchphrase said:
Could there be a thing that auto-removes the unknown_artist tag from a pic when an artist: tag is added? I keep coming across pics tagged with both their artist tag and unknown_artist.

I'll clean them up for ya


Rainbow_Slash said:
I'll clean them up for ya

Thank you.