News - Oct 09, 2016 (8 months ago)

New Rule Effective Oct. 17

Please visit the forums for more details, or click here to read forum #11357

X

Rule Change, Effective October 17th

In category: News

Effective October 17: Humanized artwork is no longer allowed

Due to feedback from users and consideration from the Moderators, effective October 17th 2016, 20pc will no longer host artwork of Humanized Pony characters or images depicting solely human characters. In order to line up with moderation standards from our parent website e621.net, all current images of humanized characters will be taken down in a process that may take a few days.

For clarification, if anyone should find "Humanized" or "Human" to be a subjective term, A humanized character is one that is canonically non-human (ie: a Pony, Dragon, or Griffon) but depicted as such in artwork for stylistic purposes. This means they have human limbs and skin in place of their usual Fur, Scales, or Feathers. Certain exceptions will apply and a character will still be considered humanized should it retain identifying aspects of the character like a Unicorn horn, Pegasus wings, Coloration, etc.

Anthropomorphic artwork is still permissible, and will not be removed under this rule change. Images depicting both Humans and Ponies will also be allowed, so long as it is clear that both characters are key features of the image. In other words, no posting human artwork and justifying the upload because of a hidden Pony in the background. It doesn't count.

Until then, please make sure to alert your friends and fellow users of this upcoming rule change and be sure to save any of your favorite images that may be removed in accordance to this rule. After the 17th they will all be gone.

Thank you and have a wonderful evening
Princess Luna

Just wanted to ask for clarification over what day the purge is starting? Will we have the weekend of the 15&16th to get all the downloading done or should we start immediately?

Oh well.
For those that liked the young_human tag, I'll be uploading those to pbooru.com when I get time.

GammaXai said:
Just wanted to ask for clarification over what day the purge is starting? Will we have the weekend of the 15&16th to get all the downloading done or should we start immediately?

Effective on the 17th. It means, I assume, that the rule only becomes active, and therefore acted upon, on the 17th, and not one moment earlier.

headless_rainbow said:
Oh well.
For those that liked the young_human tag, I'll be uploading those to pbooru.com when I get time.

I would be glad to help with that, does there happen to be a good system for mass transfers without excessive creation of duplicates?

Werewolf
Contributor
8 months ago
apple applejack bat_wings blonde_hair earth_pony equine fang female filly foal generation_4 green_eyes high_res messy_hair norang94 orange_body pony sitting solo transparent_background vampire wings young rating:Safe score:1 user:Werewolf

What about characters from the pony franchise that are supposed to be human in-universe; specifically, Equestria Girls characters? They're human, and this aren't allowed, but they are unquestionably FiM characters.

Werewolf said:
What about characters from the pony franchise that are supposed to be human in-universe; specifically, Equestria Girls characters? They're human, and this aren't allowed, but they are unquestionably FiM characters.

Rereading the initial post the issue at the moment is not that the characters are being declared not MLP related, it is that this site is mirroring e621's moderation which is also doing a purge of human content to just have anthro and feral but e621 is for all the fandoms and original works of art.

Werewolf
Contributor
8 months ago
apple applejack bat_wings blonde_hair earth_pony equine fang female filly foal generation_4 green_eyes high_res messy_hair norang94 orange_body pony sitting solo transparent_background vampire wings young rating:Safe score:1 user:Werewolf

Bah. That seems pretty arbitrary, and makes me wonder why I should bother with 20PC any more.

I got here on the 7th so I don't really know. Aside from this particular turn of events nothing about the site has stepped on my toes so I don't care to speculate and bad mouth.

Werewolf said:
Bah. That seems pretty arbitrary, and makes me wonder why I should bother with 20PC any more.

I can at least explain why it's not as arbitrary as it seems. TwentyPercentCooler is going to be absorbed into e621. That project's paused at the moment (it's not exactly high priority for the site owners) but as far as I know, it hasn't been canceled. Some work has already been done toward that end. See tags dont_transfer and to_keep. When the merge happens, all the human-only images here won't make the migration. That includes the EQG humans. >.<
The rule being enacted now is more-than-partially to discourage any future human-only uploads that will just get deleted in the merge. This will suck, but the more images we upload only to see them lost in the merge, the worse it'll suck. I've been voluntarily refraining ever since I got news of the merge. This rule probably should have been enacted back then instead of now, but I guess the implications occurred to me before it occurred to the admins.

internetcatchphrase said:
I can at least explain why it's not as arbitrary as it seems. TwentyPercentCooler is going to be absorbed into e621.
~~~
See tags dont_transfer and to_keep. When the merge happens, all the human-only images here won't make the migration. That includes the EQG humans. >.<

That actually makes sense now, but oh dear that might make the job rather a bit larger in terms of how much I wanted to back up to avoid losing anything that might be here because it was not suitable for Dbooru.

headless_rainbow said:
Oh well.

GammaXai said:
I would be glad to help with that, does there happen to be a good system for mass transfers without excessive creation of duplicates?

Well I found a tool to allow mass download, and haven't heard from headless rainbow yet so I'll start on my backup, I might try to backup the entire dont transfer list as well as the humans as there is a huge amount of not overlapping. If anyone else wants to suggest stuff I'll try to do that as well so that we aren't making excess duplicates and hopefully don't tank the site with download requests.

https://web.archive.org/web/20160312010114/http://twentypercentcooler.net/

good attempt but the archive doesn't handle boorus well at all as it just captures the surface until someone advises it to scrape deeper, so there are search pages and thumbnails galore but most of the image pages aren't archived yet.

Edit: well I got the dont_transfer tag and then as much human stuff that hadn't been tagged as dont transfer as possible.
So in theory no one else needs to do that mass of downloading but we should probably move on to deciding what to do with it all.

any news on that mass download?

GammaXai said:
Well I found a tool to allow mass download, and haven't heard from headless rainbow yet so I'll start on my backup, I might try to backup the entire dont transfer list as well as the humans as there is a huge amount of not overlapping. If anyone else wants to suggest stuff I'll try to do that as well so that we aren't making excess duplicates and hopefully don't tank the site with download requests.

Could you perhaps make a backup of the forums? >w<

Hello! What it!

All this time later and this still makes no sense to me. I mean humanized stuff is on e621 so the whole reason to remove it all sounds kinda silly. [especially on a Pony art board when there is an entire MLP show staring humanized ponies.]
sorry if this post is a bit late, Id forgotten I had an account till I tried to make one today -laughs-
But if it was really a wide range request by the USERS and discussed by admins and mods I cant really argue, im just confused still sorry.

belmontzar said:
All this time later and this still makes no sense to me. I mean humanized stuff is on e621 so the whole reason to remove it all sounds kinda silly. [especially on a Pony art board when there is an entire MLP show staring humanized ponies.]
sorry if this post is a bit late, Id forgotten I had an account till I tried to make one today -laughs-
But if it was really a wide range request by the USERS and discussed by admins and mods I cant really argue, im just confused still sorry.

[In order to line up with moderation standards from our parent website e621.net]

Human-only images are no longer allowed on e621. Older humanized images got to stay but new ones are flagged and removed. 20pc will someday be folded back into e621, and no humanized images on it will make the transfer. We're still keeping (at least for as long as this site lasts) all the non-humanized posts tagged [dont_transfer] by an e621 admin.

[In order to line up with moderation standards from our parent website e621.net]

Human-only images are no longer allowed on e621. Older humanized images got to stay but new ones are flagged and removed. 20pc will someday be folded back into e621, and no humanized images on it will make the transfer. We're still keeping (at least for as long as this site lasts) all the non-humanized posts tagged [dont_transfer] by an e621 admin.

But thats the thing there ARE Human only and humanized pictures on e621 still. I forgot to clarify that before I posted my reply here, id looked up Art for Sunset Shimmer and found humanized recent pics there. With that site having lots of Human and Humanized work, I got confused about the rule here, particularly since this is a pony image site, and Equestria girls is a canon thing.

EDIT: to make sure I did another look and I guess alot of the art features an animal or some other creature or minor detail is added to get around it if the rule is just 'no humans alone' I dunno it still seems kinda wierd to me sorry.