News - Dec 16, 2014 (2 days ago)

Pony Season 5 Slated for a "Spring" release

Hasbro has confirmed via a series of short teaser videos that season 5 of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is due to begin sometime in "Spring 2015." This means that any time between March and June.

So far the rumours are scarce, but from what we've learned episodes will include:

- At least one concerning the aftermath of Season 4's finale

- "Princess Luna has a nightmare"

- An episode centred around the Pie Family

- A special 100th Episode that will be a "22 Short Films about Sprinfield"-style focus on background and fan-favourite characters.

In the meantime, check out these official teasers for season 5:

Twilight Sparkle

Fluttershy

Applejack

Pinkie Pie

Rainbow Dash

X
Snapshot
Contributor
3 years ago
absurd_res alpha_channel bag baseball_cap blue_eyes camera_cutie_mark clothing costume equine freckles happy hat kloudmutt male open_mouth orange_body original_character pegasus pokémon pony red_hair saddlebag shirt snapshot solo wings rating:Safe score:0 user:Ryan_Speedhooves

The Feedback Thread

In category: Bugs, Requests, and Suggestions

Want to praise somebody? Want to disagree with the way we're running things around here? Want to vent your frustration about me or anyone else on the staff? Do it here! You may very well be bringing up a point that's on many people's minds, and one that we might not be aware of or have been slow to address.

PLEASE KEEP YOUR FEEDBACK DETAILED AND RESPECTFUL. Saying something like "you guys suck because you couldn't properly run a website if your life depended on it" might make you feel better, but that's not going to help us improve at all. Give us specifics.

If you'd rather provide feedback directly to me for fear of making yourself a target here, that's perfectly fine too. Just e-mail me at snapshot@twentypercentcooler.net

Also, please keep all bugs over at http://bugs.ouroboros.ws

I never want it to be said that we, or at least I, was not open and RESPONSIVE to feedback.

That Pinkie_Pie character sucks, she can't even keep into her own character. Seems silly that someponies just can't handle acting in character to me, even if they are the adcinnamonstration.

Werewolf
Contributor
3 years ago
apple applejack bat_wings blank_flank blonde_hair earth_pony equine fang female filly foal generation_4 green_eyes high_res messy_hair norang94 orange_body pony sitting solo transparent_background vampire wings young rating:Safe score:0 user:Werewolf

I hate how Pinkie Pie is always repeating herself. Someone should do something about that. >:[

Werewolf said:
I hate how Pinkie Pie is always repeating herself. Someone should do something about that. >:[

I knooooow.

Werewolf
Contributor
3 years ago
apple applejack bat_wings blank_flank blonde_hair earth_pony equine fang female filly foal generation_4 green_eyes high_res messy_hair norang94 orange_body pony sitting solo transparent_background vampire wings young rating:Safe score:0 user:Werewolf

Aaaaaand, now I look like an idiot. Thanks, Pinkie. Thanks a lot.

Werewolf said:
Aaaaaand, now I look like an idiot. Thanks, Pinkie. Thanks a lot.

Your weeelcome~~

Werewolf
Contributor
3 years ago

Is there some protocol for creating a pool? I ask because, some time ago, I pooled the ew_gay pony images into an "Ew Ponies" pool. Now said pool is gone. Did I err somehow?

I've made a couple of other pools with no apparent problems.

Werewolf said:
Is there some protocol for creating a pool? I ask because, some time ago, I pooled the ew_gay pony images into an "Ew Ponies" pool. Now said pool is gone. Did I err somehow?

I've made a couple of other pools with no apparent problems.

Pools are for images of a sequence, or those that fit into some gallery. It would be acceptable to make an "Ew Ponies" pool, so I'm unsure as to what happened to it. Let me look into that and I'll get back to you...

kitsune
Privileged
3 years ago

I'm displeased of the one-week wait to comment.

kitsune said:
I'm displeased of the one-week wait to comment.

It's a failsafe. Only the most determined (and therefore most obvious) trolls would wait out a whole week to post some stupid comments. It's not foolproof, but it's better than nothing.

Just want to say, I'm really enjoying the new Nightmare Night theme tonight. Just noticed the banner on the front page, someone's obviously been playing that flash game with the secret ending in the Everfree Forest.

Also, the alternate colours; is it just my imagination, or have they been getting steadily darker and gloomier?

Keep up the good work guys.

Just joined, and though I'm fine with questionable or explicit stuff, can we enforce a foalcon tag so it can be more easily blacklisted by those who don't wish to see it? so far as I've seen there isn't one atm. I know I could get clever with rating:e and other tags on the same line, but as far as I can tell I'd have to do that for every single underage character.

Werewolf
Contributor
2 years ago

Axquirix said:
Just joined, and though I'm fine with questionable or explicit stuff, can we enforce a foalcon tag so it can be more easily blacklisted by those who don't wish to see it? so far as I've seen there isn't one atm. I know I could get clever with rating:e and other tags on the same line, but as far as I can tell I'd have to do that for every single underage character.

Blacklisting rating:e and young (or foal, if you prefer) on the same line will blacklist every image that has both of those tags.

I only have one thing
Some moderators just Kick you for no reason
Shouldn't the Ban/kick hammer be used for a better purpose other than "Oh I don't like him." *kick* or "Oh you don't like it?" *kick*?

I'm sorry but I think it's kinda ridiculous that it's not used for a more Justifiable cause rather than a F*ck you command. I can deal with it but it's quite annoying.

Snapshot
Contributor
2 years ago
absurd_res alpha_channel bag baseball_cap blue_eyes camera_cutie_mark clothing costume equine freckles happy hat kloudmutt male open_mouth orange_body original_character pegasus pokémon pony red_hair saddlebag shirt snapshot solo wings rating:Safe score:0 user:Ryan_Speedhooves

INITWX said:
I only have one thing
Some moderators just Kick you for no reason
Shouldn't the Ban/kick hammer be used for a better purpose other than "Oh I don't like him." *kick* or "Oh you don't like it?" *kick*?

I'm sorry but I think it's kinda ridiculous that it's not used for a more Justifiable cause rather than a F*ck you command. I can deal with it but it's quite annoying.

Could you send me the details of this incident in a message on the site? Or try to get ahold of me on the chat. This isn't something that a moderator should be doing, so I'd like to know what happened exactly.

Molestia said:
It's a failsafe. Only the most determined (and therefore most obvious) trolls would wait out a whole week to post some stupid comments. It's not foolproof, but it's better than nothing.

Mmm... Sounds clever. I hadn't thought on this. (y)

new update is great pinkie, a tad bit confusing but im sure our users will get the hang of it

I'm so used to the comments section being a little broader, but I'm sure I'll adapt to this new change. Besides, on the plus side, avatars! Now I get to live up to my name.

I'm not sure I like the look of the new user pages. I think I'd prefer it if the Recent Uploads/Recent Favorites were oriented horizontally again.

And between this Forum and the IRC, is "Blipping" really necessary?

Werewolf
Contributor
2 years ago

I no longer seem able to make tags into artist tags. Any idea why? I used to be able to, and it makes it a lot easier when uploading art from a new artist, to not have to wait for a mod to notice and deal with it.

I can add general tags just fine.

PsychoShy said:

And between this Forum and the IRC, is "Blipping" really necessary?

I expect people to enjoy it once they get used to it.

Pinkie_Pie said:
I expect people to enjoy it once they get used to it.

We should put a rush on fixing tag proxies.

TerraFirma said:
We should put a rush on fixing tag proxies.

I gotta see what tony broke regarding that, as I haven't touched the tagging, or posting systems. but yeah I will later.

Alright, so as a user of 20pc, and it's brother site e621, I've no doubt noted the changed that took place with this update. I've decided to give my thoughts and impressions with the lastest version of the site.

Blip: The biggest update to the site is the addition of Blip, a hybrid of Twitter and an open forum thread. My main thought is "why was this implemented?" and the biggest reason, I feel, is to bring the 20pc community closer and create more active communication between users. However, some things are going to have to be tweaked.
1) Reply fields MUST be moved. Having to scroll down to the bottom of a page to reply to something at the top of the pages makes no sense. Fields MUST appear in the post you're replying to or, and this is only if that other can not be done in any way, shape or form, have the pages automatically go to the reply bar.
2) When responding, all that is to be needed is @usernamehere and that is all. Having the whole quote letter for letter is making it less of an even split and more of a forum/comment system with a character limit.

User Pages: They need to be done better. The way they are done is rather sloppy looking as just seems rather unfocused. You have a large amount of space that seems to do nothing:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7950358/user%20page.png
1) The original page of having the stat/uploads/favorites all horizontally and stack on top of one another looked very neat. The pages are just an eye sore and lack and flow/focus/organization. I'd suggest going for a horizontal stack and makes each bar stretch to the page.
2) While I could go back to the 'classic' style of user page, the goal of any update to make said update wide spread. I like how it looks smoother, but getting user feedback while creating updates could take you real far.

Avatars: I suggest stretching out the comments page. The new avatar system is making all the test bunch up and a hassle to read.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7950358/comments.png
1) Expand the boxes out.

IRC Page: It's busted and gone rather unorganized.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7950358/IRC.png

Homepage: The homepage seems to list not use all the space it has to its full potential. There's a large amount of space that goes unused. It's a shame that so much of a page goes to waste and even worse when it's the first page. The first page of any site is going to make of break your site, and having a page with wasted spaces does not give a good impression.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7950358/front%20page.png
2) I believe that it may be because of blacklisting tags or because of screen resolution.

Keep in mind that I love the site, the mods, the admins, and everyone who help keep it the wonderful place it is. I do not mean to attack anypony or cause hostility, but to help the site grow in what little way I can.

Posting here since my original topic is locked.

Pinkie_Pie said:
I expect people to enjoy [BLIPing] once they get used to it.

Here's my (very brief) take on it: IRC is synchronous, blips are asynchronous.

Also, @FrostBitten, IRC-in-browser has always been a losing proposition. If you enjoy IRC get a standalone client, it will make your life a lot easier.

I'm sure if I thought about it I'd have more input on the update but ostensibly I'm at work.

Snapshot said:
Could you send me the details of this incident in a message on the site? Or try to get ahold of me on the chat. This isn't something that a moderator should be doing, so I'd like to know what happened exactly.

I Sent you a message, unfortunately I don't remember exactly what happened but next time when it does I'll be sure to inform you if you'd like.

Frostbitten said:
<snip>

e621 is a SHE.. she's totally a girl.. a very.. curvy girl..

Pinkie_Pie said:

e621 is a SHE.. she's totally a girl.. a very.. curvy girl..

With a huge dick and tentacles

TerraFirma said:
With a huge dick and tentacles

And man boobs.

I'd like to start off my giving Pinkie a nice clap for taking my suggestions for the site and implementing them so quickly. However, there seems to be a few more tweaks to get the profile page perfect.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7950358/last%20tweaks.png
The mane idea is just to avoid clutter of the pictures. Try and have the images set at about the same distance apart as the posts page. It'll give the best results and give consistency between said pages.

I hope to not come off as too OCD. Just wanting the site to look it's very best.

After reading through the bans and seeing all but one being related to rules, 2 and 4, I suggest these two rules in specific be posted below the username box when creating an account. Also it would be a good idea to put this above the "username change request" box

Werewolf
Contributor
2 years ago

Rainbow_Slash said:
After reading through the bans and seeing all but one being related to rules, 2 and 4, I suggest these two rules in specific be posted below the username box when creating an account.

That . . . is actually a really good idea.