News - Aug 14, 2017 (8 days ago)

We are experiencing an issue with the uploading system

When you upload, you may get a "File Not Found" Error. We are currently contacting our web admin in order to fix the issue, but until then, we have a work-around that has proven to work for the time being. If you wish to upload, please save the image to your computer, then add it to the upload screen through the "Browse" button. We hope that works for now and will make a notification when the issue is fixed.
~Princess Luna

X

When doing a mass edit manually in "edit post" mode, it would be very nice and streamline things if the box o' tags would go to the side and scroll with the screen. Or at least have it put a white border around the post being edited.

Having to scroll up and down after every tag edit is making it hard to remember one's place. I know a floating text box has been done here before, but I can understand an interactive one being more work to implement and more drain.

► Just a suggestion
▼ Just a suggestion

Perhaps the role-playing threads could make more use of these nifty little drop down dialogs to keep the page count short without sacrificing content. Also it makes things so much neater looking when rules, character lists, settings, content, etc, are sectioned off.

The...I believe it is called Dtext...has developed a malfunction of an irritating nature.

Example: This word is italicized.

I put a space between 'is' and 'italicized.' If you respond to this post and inspect the text within the

quotation

box, you will discover this is so. However, the space vanishes when viewed in a normal fashion. It affects the email system, the forum threads, and the comment system. It is also retroactive in nature.

I have brought it to the attention of those with the power to rectify this error and shall now remain silent on the matter unless my opinion is requested.

If you put two spaces between the words and the operator like so then it works fine.

I'd like to see the Alpha channel thumbnails lose the black background. Especially now that alpha channel avatars are all the rage.

Tradewind said:
I'd like to see the Alpha channel thumbnails lose the black background. Especially now that alpha channel avatars are all the rage.

I'd like to see that too, especially since it would also animate the thumbnails

I think it would be nice to have blip numbers next to blips so you can see where to find blip xx that yours was in response to

Werewolf
Contributor
5 years ago
apple applejack bat_wings blonde_hair earth_pony equine fang female filly foal generation_4 green_eyes high_res messy_hair norang94 orange_body pony sitting solo transparent_background vampire wings young rating:Safe score:1 user:Werewolf

Rainbow_Slash said:
I think it would be nice to have blip numbers next to blips so you can see where to find blip xx that your was in response too

I am still largely confused by blips.

Werewolf said:
I am still largely confused by blips.

When someone blips you, it shows up on your profile page, like a cross between a running thread and a pm.

Would it be possible to italicize the Forum tab whenever there are new posts like on e621? It might help make the forum more active if people actually know when there are new posts without having to check. I for one never really check the forums unless there are new posts, and here I have to check just to see if there are any.

DragonRanger said:
Would it be possible to italicize the Forum tab whenever there are new posts like on e621? It might help make the forum more active if people actually know when there are new posts without having to check. I for one never really check the forums unless there are new posts, and here I have to check just to see if there are any.

I think I suggested that a while ago. I wanted to make it bold and turn white though

DragonRanger said:

... my forum tab displays in italics whenever there's new forum posts, right now... o.O

I just noticed that my tag subscriptions list doesn't appear in my profile. Can we have this fix'd?

Rainbow_Slash said:
I just noticed that my tag subscriptions list doesn't appear in my profile. Can we have this fix'd?

Assuming this site is affected by changes like e621 is, then this was intentional. e621 just updated and one of the changes makes tag subscriptions viewable by Privileged members and up.

DragonRanger said:
Assuming this site is affected by changes like e621 is, then this was intentional. e621 just updated and one of the changes makes tag subscriptions viewable by Privileged members and up.

It's affected by most, if not all.

On e6 I have a list of my subscriptions underneath my username history, they don't show any results sadly because I am only member. Here though that list is missing.

Just wondering why post #20865 was deleted. It says it was lower res than the parent post, but it's technically not the same image. The deleted picture was posted by JunglePony after she returned from her ban. The pic I posted was the pic as it originally appeared before her ban.

fixed

Pinkie_Pie said:
fixed

Hey it is fixed. Thanks!

Is there a reason there's no listing of who favorites a given image?

DragonRanger said:
Is there a reason there's no listing of who favorites a given image?

Silly DragonRanger, that's only for privileged+

Really? Jeez, being an admin on e621 has spoiled me. I didn't realize how much stuff regular members didn't get to see.

Werewolf
Contributor
5 years ago
apple applejack bat_wings blonde_hair earth_pony equine fang female filly foal generation_4 green_eyes high_res messy_hair norang94 orange_body pony sitting solo transparent_background vampire wings young rating:Safe score:1 user:Werewolf

DragonRanger said:
Really? Jeez, being an admin on e621 has spoiled me. I didn't realize how much stuff regular members didn't get to see.

Feel our pain.

Yeah it's not fun waiting days or weeks for an alias to go through and pming the crap out of poor skeeter so she'll unlock the wikis

WHOA!!!!!!!!, what an update this is :D

What's with the ♥'s and the amount on pics?

Captain_S-Fire said:
What's with the ♥'s and the amount on pics?

votes, favorites, comments

Werewolf
Contributor
4 years ago

So we have species tags now. Well and good.

Is there a reason why I can't make a tag a species tag by typing species:tagname, like I can with artist tags, character tags and copyright tags? Specifically, I can't seem to species-ify mundane species names like "mouse" and "rabbit".

Oddly enough, it seems I can make breezy a species tag (it's a breed of G3 pony, as seen in post #25892).

I iz confuzzled.

Werewolf said:
So we have species tags now. Well and good.

Is there a reason why I can't make a tag a species tag by typing species:tagname, like I can with artist tags, character tags and copyright tags? Specifically, I can't seem to species-ify mundane species names like "mouse" and "rabbit".

Oddly enough, it seems I can make breezy a species tag (it's a breed of G3 pony, as seen in post #25892).

I iz confuzzled.

I iz confuzzled wit choo.

Just tried to add species:mouse to a post and it worked fine.

It are a Mr. E.

Werewolf
Contributor
4 years ago

internetcatchphrase said:
I iz confuzzled wit choo.

Just tried to add species:mouse to a post and it worked fine.

It are a Mr. E.

Maybe because you're a Contributor, while I'm a lowly earth pony?

But then why could I add "species" to breezy?

Regular members can only change a tag type if it is under ten posts, I'm not sure what the limit is for contributors though, or if it's even different