News - Aug 14, 2017 (8 days ago)

We are experiencing an issue with the uploading system

When you upload, you may get a "File Not Found" Error. We are currently contacting our web admin in order to fix the issue, but until then, we have a work-around that has proven to work for the time being. If you wish to upload, please save the image to your computer, then add it to the upload screen through the "Browse" button. We hope that works for now and will make a notification when the issue is fixed.
~Princess Luna

X

What's the policy on anatomy tags? Relatively specific things like whatever color hair and eyes makes sense, but what about just general tags (eyes, ears, mouth, tail, etc.)?

I personally don't see any reason for them. They're so general and implicit in any given image that including them seems entirely unnecessary.

DragonRanger said:
What's the policy on anatomy tags? Relatively specific things like whatever color hair and eyes makes sense, but what about just general tags (eyes, ears, mouth, tail, etc.)?

I personally don't see any reason for them. They're so general and implicit in any given image that including them seems entirely unnecessary.

I agree, with the slight proviso that they can be useful on images like this one:

It's a solo humanized Pinkie Pie...with a tail. For a humanized (not an anthro) MLP character to have a tail is neither general nor implicit. I think tags like 'tail' are useful for these oddities.

Otherwise, I just consider them clutter and remove them when I'm re-tagging an image.

Edit: Thought of another good exception. A solo image of Spike or Tank or Gummy with hair. Not sure if such an image exists on 20pc (yet) but it would totally deserve a 'hair' tag.

Rainbow_Crash said:
Regular members can only change a tag type if it is under ten posts, I'm not sure what the limit is for contributors though, or if it's even different

I just changed 'rabbit' to species, and it's on 360 posts at present. Feel free to compile a list of tags you think should be changed to species. Shoot them to my inbox. Unless I have some compelling reason why that shouldn't happen, I'll change them.

Werewolf
Contributor
4 years ago
apple applejack bat_wings blonde_hair earth_pony equine fang female filly foal generation_4 green_eyes high_res messy_hair norang94 orange_body pony sitting solo transparent_background vampire wings young rating:Safe score:1 user:Werewolf

Tits.

Are they considered Explicit or Questionable? I ask because I've seen bare breasts rated both ways here.

I know breasts alone are considered Questionable on e621, but this isn't e621, so . . . which is it?

Werewolf said:
Tits.

Are they considered Explicit or Questionable? I ask because I've seen bare breasts rated both ways here.

I know breasts alone are considered Questionable on e621, but this isn't e621, so . . . which is it?

As far as I can tell, breasts are questionable but nipples (on women, man-nips are fine) are explicit.

For example, these three are Questionable:
Skimpy bra: http://twentypercentcooler.net/post/show/26425/

Bare but turned away (sideboob): http://twentypercentcooler.net/post/show/5670/

No nipples: http://twentypercentcooler.net/post/show/578/

If it has nipples it probably needs the Explicit rating.

Slops
Contributor
4 years ago
2011 derp derpy_hooves dont_transfer duplicate equine female generation_4 inspired_by_proper_art moe painting parody pegasus pony solo wings rating:Safe score:3 user:Ratte

internetcatchphrase said:
If it has nipples it probably needs the Explicit rating.

What about this then?
post #19133
Specifically since Terra marked it down to Questionable in spite of the nipple.

Slops said:
What about this then?
post #19133
Specifically since Terra marked it down to Questionable in spite of the nipple.

random personal opinion? That's a nipple without a boob. If she had a swollen udder, in addition to the visible nipple, I think the explicit rating would have stuck.

Likewise, an image of Hiroshi-Tea's that I uploaded show's Twilight's udder, including a nipple, and no one has complained about the Q rating. Well except for somepony who had to stare awhile to figure out why it wasn't safe.

Werewolf
Contributor
4 years ago
apple applejack bat_wings blonde_hair earth_pony equine fang female filly foal generation_4 green_eyes high_res messy_hair norang94 orange_body pony sitting solo transparent_background vampire wings young rating:Safe score:1 user:Werewolf

It looks like human/anthro breasts = explicit, while pony nipples = questionable.

post #26498 was the pic that got me wondering, specifically Derpy Hooves's comment:

Derpy Hooves said:
changed the rating, because tits

I can't take it anymore. I figured I would just keep quiet about it since it's really not a big deal, but goddamn I am tired of seeing "invalid_tag" every single time Kein uploads anything. Yes, I remove them rather than complain about it, but I can't just sit quietly anymore.

Never mind.

The site needs a white background with black text. That would make things easier to read and it would look nicer.

Enkidu6 said:
The site needs a white background with black text. That would make things easier to read and it would look nicer.

Trouble is, possibly everyone else likes the site's current colour scheme and don't want it black and white like you said.

Werewolf
Contributor
4 years ago

I like white-on-purple, but I wouldn't say no to alternate options, as long as they're options.

Slops
Contributor
4 years ago
2011 derp derpy_hooves dont_transfer duplicate equine female generation_4 inspired_by_proper_art moe painting parody pegasus pony solo wings rating:Safe score:3 user:Ratte

I found a new problem. I get the message:

Error: File dimensions too big

when I try to upload this picture:
http://wylfden.deviantart.com/art/ponycraft2-326374633

I suspect its on account of the 1199x15650 pixles the image is in size...

Slops said:
I found a new problem. I get the message:
when I try to upload this picture:
http://wylfden.deviantart.com/art/ponycraft2-326374633

I suspect its on account of the 1199x15650 pixles the image is in size...

we got a 15000 size limit.

I was looking at my profile page, and I noticed my upload limit isn't quite right. I have 810 total uploads, and 3 deleted. That should give me 807 approved uploads, but my upload limit says 10 + (803 / 10) - (3 / 4) - 0 = 90. For whatever reason, there's 4 posts unaccounted for.

I think the latest update made things even weirder. This is what the stats on my profile page currently are:

Posts 835
Deleted Posts 0
Upload Limit 10 + (825 / 10) - (3 / 4) - 0 = 92

Hmm, it seems something didn't update in your stats properly as it's not showing your three deleted posts until you actually click on them

Hmm, pic approvals seem to be subtracting from the count for deleted posts, though the upload limit still shows the deleted count properly.

This site needs emoticons, or little images of the smiley faces we type in made by selective pony characters.

I find it kind of funny that the theme change menu at the top went live here before e6.

DragonRanger said:
I find it kind of funny that the theme change menu at the top went live here before e6.

To be fair, I don't really get the point of that drop down box in the top right.

DragonRanger said:

That's because it was the order I opened the sites in, nothing more.

Captain_Spark said:
To be fair, I don't really get the point of that drop down box in the top right.

That's what I mean. The different options change the look of the site. You can make e6 look like 20pc and vice-versa, or whatever other look it offers.

DragonRanger said:
That's what I mean. The different options change the look of the site. You can make e6 look like 20pc and vice-versa, or whatever other look it offers.

I see

Werewolf
Contributor
4 years ago

Posting this here, as I'm not sure where else to post it.

So I added a bunch of notes - 54 - to post #30533, carefully resizing each one and positioning it over the character's face for ease of identification. Well and good. I came back to the pic seconds later and some of the notes were still in place, some where scattered randomly o'er the pic, and a good half were in a huge pile in the upper left corner.

"Huh," says I. "Do I have to save notes or something?" I repositioned the wayward notes, clicked on "edit," clicked "save changes," and went on my merry way.

Same thing happened again.

What the derp?

Hmm...I'm not really sure what happened. The note history shows you adding them, then blujaguar adding another batch after, but no record of deletion. *shrugs* well if it happens again please let me or someone else know

Is there something wrong with the site? The past couple days, I've been having a lot of trouble accessing the site throughout the day.

DragonRanger said:
Is there something wrong with the site? The past couple days, I've been having a lot of trouble accessing the site throughout the day.

I thought it was just me. Sometimes it either takes about 5 min to get anywhere or just doesn't load at all.

I've been meaning to ask; on the upload page it says " You can enter a URL here to download from a website". What sites does it work for?