News - Oct 09, 2016 (5 months ago)

New Rule Effective Oct. 17

Please visit the forums for more details, or click here to read forum #11357

X

Sungazer said:
Pretty sure the Yaks were taking the piss out of certain parts of the fandom.

Shadow_Forge said:
i think the problem was (and what got figured out) they kept trying to make it like jakjakistan. but when the jaks saw the bad parody of how they had it they threw a tantrum.

Yup. Imitation isn't always the sincerest form of flattery.

That sled yak child was so cute though. :D

Ok, this episode was wonderful. There was so much about it that I honestly loved.

Twilight realized her mistake in the past, from S1 Ep1, and FINALLY does something to make up for it.

The interaction of Twilight with some of the background ponies, and we finally got to meet Moondancer too. I am hoping to see some more eps like this.

I really liked it too.
Pin the Tail on the Celestia, lol.

Moondancer was a precious cinnamon roll, too good for this world, too pure

Werewolf
Contributor
1 year ago
apple applejack bat_wings blonde_hair earth_pony equine fang female filly foal generation_4 green_eyes high_res messy_hair norang94 orange_body pony sitting solo transparent_background vampire wings young rating:Safe score:1 user:Werewolf

I thought Moondancer turning into a reclusive, antisocial shut-in over ONE missed party was a little much, but overall, good episode.

I like that Twi's old friends bore no grudges, and had been getting on with their lives . . . you know, like people do.

I guess we have to call her Minuette now. And she knows Pinkie Pie, because of course she does. Everypony knows Pinkie Pie.

Werewolf said:
I thought Moondancer turning into a reclusive, antisocial shut-in over ONE missed party was a little much, but overall, good episode.

I took it as hitting her really hard because she was already reclusive (see 'coming out of her shell' comment) and because this was her first big attempt to be more extroverted. Plus Twilight seemed to be much closer a friend to Moon Dancer than the others were. (Trying to ignore possible subtext that Moon Dancer maybe carried a little torch for Twilight.) Geeks of a feather for sure. Add the general emotional amplifier of late-teen/young-adult and you have a perfect little storm. It lasted until the others stopped coming around, and after that a situation became a chronic condition.

Werewolf
Contributor
1 year ago
apple applejack bat_wings blonde_hair earth_pony equine fang female filly foal generation_4 green_eyes high_res messy_hair norang94 orange_body pony sitting solo transparent_background vampire wings young rating:Safe score:1 user:Werewolf

internetcatchphrase said:
I took it as hitting her really hard because she was already reclusive (see 'coming out of her shell' comment) and because this was her first big attempt to be more extroverted.

Yeah, not a big problem. I blame it on the writers only having 22 minutes to explore the issue, and thus being forced to condense stuff.

(Trying to ignore possible subtext that Moon Dancer maybe carried a little torch for Twilight.)

Why would you want to ignore that? Seems very fitting. Do we call that ship Twidancer, or Moonlight?

Werewolf said:
Why would you want to ignore that? Seems very fitting. Do we call that ship Twidancer, or Moonlight?

Twidancer. Moonlight is too non-indicative that it's a ship, not a pony who is good at holding down jobs on the side.

Another notch in the 'Alicorns are living deities' tally. Either Luna was able to create a living creature without trying, or her emotions were so powerful that they spawned a separate will of their own that could have done massive damage to Equestria. Either way, that's definitely deific mythos stuff.

Man, oh man.
Those dream fantasies.
And Rainbow's nightmare. It'd scare me too. XD
Also: damn Luna, you scary.

Filthy Rich particularly made me cackle.

Man, oh man.
Those dream fantasies.
And Rainbow's nightmare. It'd scare me too. XD
Also: damn Luna, you scary.

Filthy Rich particularly made me cackle.

In other news, Lyra and Bonbon's relationship is still making me squee.

What's better than this? Just gals being pals.

(They're totally gay though.)

Sungazer said:
In other news, Lyra and Bonbon's relationship is still making me squee.

What's better than this? Just gals being pals.

(They're totally gay though.)

Oh, so much.
Their dream is being physically one. XD

Headcanon idea about the tantIbus.*
It showed a progression toward taking a stable form. That of an alicorn. It was blue and starry. We have seen giant monsters, blue and starry, before. The Ursas Major and Minor. I suspect that if the tantibus had escaped into the real world it would have taken a shape like an alicorn version of the Ursa Major, with an obvious debt to Nightmare Moon.

*tantibus is latin for nightmare. :)

Well, finally another good Rarity episode. I smell this Canterlot Boutique as a setup for more episodes happing in Canterlot instead of the usual base of Ponyville.

Sassy was interesting. At first she just seemed like a narcissistic glory-hogging control freak who wanted to make Rarity a slave in her own business. Then it turns out she just had firm-yet-misguided ideas about what it took to succeed in fashion, and her pushy edge was apparently due to a long line of past failures. Focused too much on the form and too little on the substance of the business. She was big enough to admit she was wrong when Rarity showed her a different way.

Rarity is a Noir fan. XD

Rarity was really turning on her feminine charm this episode.

She and Dash had a lot of cute moments too.

And I thought Twilight Sparkle was a giant frickin' nerd.

There's also a nice bit of continuity there for attention to detail.

Back in MMMystery, Twilight was the only one to notice Rarity was wearing her mane differently to hide the fact she lost one of her fake eyelashes. This episode has Rarity notice something similar with the culprit.

I REALLY liked today's episode's moral. Honestly I had been waiting for them to make that particular point for a while. It's an important lesson.

As to the content of the episode, pffffthehehe. I really felt bad for Fluttershy at first because I've been there, you know? The feeling that you're sucking the fun out of something just by being around isn't pleasant, less so when it's your friends.

Fluttershy's first attempt at scaring the others was great. It makes sense that she would go that route, considering it's her own deepest fear. She REALLY kicked ass on her second attempt, though. It'll be sad to see you go, Scare Master, but I'm glad your talent was put to use one night.

What a night! What a lovely night!

Sungazer said:
I REALLY liked today's episode's moral. Honestly I had been waiting for them to make that particular point for a while. It's an important lesson.

As to the content of the episode, pffffthehehe. I really felt bad for Fluttershy at first because I've been there, you know? The feeling that you're sucking the fun out of something just by being around isn't pleasant, less so when it's your friends.

Fluttershy's first attempt at scaring the others was great. It makes sense that she would go that route, considering it's her own deepest fear. She REALLY kicked ass on her second attempt, though. It'll be sad to see you go, Scare Master, but I'm glad your talent was put to use one night.

What a night! What a lovely night!

tough that was the leak of the halloween episode. the latest episode is a lotta fun too and definetely has a great message. and there is a lotta rarity lately in the eps

Shadow_Forge said:
tough that was the leak of the halloween episode. the latest episode is a lotta fun too and definetely has a great message. and there is a lotta rarity lately in the eps

Really?

I'mma nom someone's face off for linking me the wrong episode.

Time to look for today's, then.

Those Method Mares are not kosher.

Pure ham.

Missed the livestream of the Friendship Games... T_T

Anyone know a working link for a HD copy?

Those Method Mares are not kosher.

Pure ham.

Hey, ham is some of the best kind of acting.

I like ham.

And bacon.

This ep was simple and fun to watch. I enjoyed some of the new expressions they used.

Saw the Halloween one too. Not gonna spoil anything, but I REALLY enjoyed that one.

Also just watched Friendship Games. Songs, not so good as the previous 2 movies. Glad they didn't use those 'awekward smiles' (Twi and Sunset in the kitchen at night...). Glad they kept pony Twilight out of this movie. Would have made fixing things a bit too easy.

Evil Twi and Good Sunset transformations at the end... both sweet. Makes me think that Sunset Shimmer is a 7th element. Redemption or Forgiveness maybe?

Velvet_Star said:
Evil Twi and Good Sunset transformations at the end... both sweet. Makes me think that Sunset Shimmer is a 7th element. Redemption or Forgiveness maybe?

I think that's a decent idea, if they decide to keep cranking out more of these EG movies.

Sungazer said:
Hey, ham is some of the best kind of acting.

Agreed. Shatner alone would have made ham awesome.

...Jackalope. >.>

Haha!
Charlie Brown pony.
Good grief.

big mac in a dress. but still this ep realy shows mac being an awesome brother/lost cousine >.>