News - Aug 14, 2017 (3 months ago)

We are experiencing an issue with the uploading system

When you upload, you may get a "File Not Found" Error. We are currently contacting our web admin in order to fix the issue, but until then, we have a work-around that has proven to work for the time being. If you wish to upload, please save the image to your computer, then add it to the upload screen through the "Browse" button. We hope that works for now and will make a notification when the issue is fixed.
~Princess Luna

X

Shadow_Forge said:
big mac in a dress. but still this ep realy shows mac being an awesome brother/lost cousine >.>

Holy crap, I think they're setting up for a reveal (or at least as much a reveal as Lyra and Bon Bon being good friends) that Big Mac is gay. We can't consider the Love Poison canon against it: that stuff could make an elephant fall in love with a pig. But if Big Mac is gay, I am pretty sure that Cheerilee knows. And personally, I think that old pony knew Big Mac was in drag, and was absolutely delighted.

Big Mac was super confident and open in today's episode. Moreso than he really ever is excluding being under the influence of magic. It was pretty amazing.

If ever there's been evidence for Transmare Big Mac, here it is.

Either way seeing Mac so desperate for Apple Bloom's affection was kinda sad and I'm glad it ended well for him.

Made in Manehattan: Whoa Nelly spotted.
First seen as a photograph in a locker in the weather factory in Tanks For The Memories. Then, memorably, at the end of Canterlot Boutique. Now...
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x37unnd_my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-season-5-episode-16-made-in-manehattan_tv
Pause at 9:53 when looking at the newspaper stall with AJ's face off to the far right. There's an item for sale with Whoa Nelly's face on it. It appears to be...some kind of food.

And when the scene change comes shortly after that moment, pause when the newspaper blocks the screen. Whoa Nelly, looking surprised, as if a camera just got shoved in her face.

My best bet is famous comedian who might also do some big-name advertising. I can truly see her as being really, really funny. Like a big squishy Pinkie Pie. After all, what would Pinkie look like with her eating habits, but a sane metabolism?

Season 5 Episode 18: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x397oit

Many things happened in this ep that have been anticipated for soooooo darned long.

holy butts this episode is just *fireworks*

Rather fitting that this is the episode to air on this particular day. 5 years ago to the day, this show premiered. Quite a way to celebrate the milestone.

I didn't say it anywhere but in the IRC, that I recall, so unless somebody logged it (I never bother to) there's no proof I did say it.

Even so: CALLED IT!

I didn't call when they'd get their cutie marks, actually predicting it would be a Harbinger of the Final Season. But that they'd end up Cutie Mark Counselors, yep. I noticed that they'd helped a few others with cutie mark troubles, and it seemed like a good way to keep the Cutie Mark Crusaders together as a team rather than individual talents that would cause them to, at least somewhat, drift apart.

*touchdown dances*

Also, seeing Silver Spoon finally bite back had me punching the air like some goofball sports fanatic. Seeing D.T.'s mom explained so much, too.

I have to say that Ep 18 is one of my faves this season by far. Diamond Tiara's singing voice is amazing, and I would love to hear her sing again.

No love for the coming baby yet?

Okay, my money is on a filly, not a colt, and something Hasbro thinks is toy-worthy like a born alicorn. A pwetty widdle pwencess. I earnestly hope they at least avoid turning the kid into My Little Mary Sue.

But I can hope for something interesting, like the foal is born *gasp* an earth pony. Or *gasp* a colt. I'm not stupid enough to think there's any chance of both. I have modest hopes of a crystal pony, and they seem to be just earth ponies with extra sparkle.

Cadence would love her foal completely, no matter what. Princess of Love: that's a certainty. But saplings don't tend to grow well in the shadow of a mighty parent tree. I want to see the show address the issue of what a kid has to deal with, when they have lesser, humbler talents than their parents. Luna had issues growing up in Celestia's shadow, and that's just a sister. Imagine growing up knowing you can never be as powerful as your own mother. She will even out-live you, and so her throne is not yours to inherit.

And you thought the CMC had a rough time finding/accepting their destiny.

Ye gods and little fishes, the Pie Family bred itself one nutty quartet of daughters. In Marble Pie's shyness and Limestone Pie's anger, I saw where certain aspects of Pinkamena had their inspiration. Though on a meta level, I guess they split Pinkamena into the sad-shy and angry halves in order to make seed crystals for the personalities of her sisters.

Thankfully, if the Pies and Apples are cousins, they're distant ones. If Marble Pie and Big Mac go anywhere with their laconic flirtations, Pinkie and Applejack might end up sisters-in-law, though.

Also, Granny Pie was looking for apple-farming hunks. Was she looking for herself, or is she out to play matchmaker for Applejack? >.>

Plus, Pinkie is a twin. To Marble. Explains why she got 'aunt-like' with Fluttershy in Griffon The Brush-Off. I also suspect they are laying more twins in backstory so we aren't as disgusted when Cadence has twins.

Rampant speculation: the Crystal Heart is a cut, polished, and enchanted chip knocked off the Choosing Stone's block.

Applejack's best ep so far (IMHO). Rara, you could see she was a good pony from the first time she spoke, and her manager... yea. He opened his mouth and it screamed BUTTHOLE!!!

Also, Tavi silhouette.

The song Rara sang while playing the piano, that was a very nice song. A lovely voice and talented singer.

Velvet_Star said:
Applejack's best ep so far (IMHO). Rara, you could see she was a good pony from the first time she spoke, and her manager... yea. He opened his mouth and it screamed BUTTHOLE!!!

Also, Tavi silhouette.

The song Rara sang while playing the piano, that was a very nice song. A lovely voice and talented singer.

its probably gonna be a butt trying to see who all was in that pic. i did notice fancy pants directing i think

Man, that name.
Svengali.
Russel from UP is a colt watching filly Rara sing.
Hahahahah!

Is anyone else noticing the mounting pile of evidence that Fluttershy is in fact nursing a deep, burning well of violent rage?

Sungazer said:
Is anyone else noticing the mounting pile of evidence that Fluttershy is in fact nursing a deep, burning well of violent rage?

That's been evident for quite some time now, lol. I'd like to know what the hell happened to Rainbow Dash during the war against King Sombra. I mean, wow. Her scars and wing are on the exact opposite side as mine were... I hope she can get healed up all better.

Velvet_Star said:
That's been evident for quite some time now, lol. I'd like to know what the hell happened to Rainbow Dash during the war against King Sombra. I mean, wow. Her scars and wing are on the exact opposite side as mine were... I hope she can get healed up all better.

It's a never-was now.
But that she's all scarred up with an artificial wing makes perfect sense. RD has always been prone to rushing right into a dangerous situation. Without her good friends to grab her by the tail and make her stop to think, she'd have stuck her face into a number of hornet nests.

Sungazer said:

Not exactly. I believe she has a profoundly aggressive streak that she usually tries very hard to suppress, and overcompensating causes her meekness. Not her high-strung nature, even Fluttermean was hair-trigger: just that she has struggled so hard against the reflex to lash out that her reaction is almost always to cower.

Fluttershy is deeply attuned to animals and nature. She can literally talk their language and attuning too much with vampire bats started turning her halfway into one. I think she's not so much full of rage as full of wild: predatory animals are driven by hunger when they take down prey, and prey animals are driven by fear when cornered and fighting off a predator, but they're no less brutal for that.

Rampant speculation time!

Who or what caused the dusty wasteland at the end?

My headcanon is, that's the one where Starlight Glimmer 'won.' She defeated the other villains, she killed or Equalized the Princesses, she succeeded in making every pony Equalized. And then no pony is any damned good at anything (I'm looking at you, bad muffins), including such essentials as weather control and growing crops. RL has seen what happens when a lot of people, just normal people with no real experience or talent for farming, attempt to cultivate an area of land.

It was called the Dust Bowl, and I think the Equestria-wide Dust Bowl that resulted from an Equalized population in turn resulted in an extinction-level event.

But hey, if you think something or someone else caused that wasteland, I'd love to hear from you. :)

Werewolf
Contributor
1 year ago
apple applejack bat_wings blonde_hair earth_pony equine fang female filly foal generation_4 green_eyes high_res messy_hair norang94 orange_body pony sitting solo transparent_background vampire wings young rating:Safe score:1 user:Werewolf

That's a possibility, but consider this: maybe it's the result of a timeline where both Discord and Tirek won.

Without any reason to befriend Tirek, the Lord of Chaos treats him as another plaything to amuse himself. Tirek, however, eats magic, and before Discord realizes the danger, has absorbed enough pony magic to stand off Discord's chaos.

This leads to an endless war between two demigods, Tirek seeking to utterly destroy anything that could potentially be a threat to himself, Discord seeking revenge on the one who ruined his playtime. A reality-warper and a demigod of destruction, too evenly matched for either to gain the upper hand, with anyone would could potentially have affected the balance between them either dead or drained of power long ago.

After a few decades of combat between these two, what would be left?

internetcatchphrase said:

might be a universe where celestia went evil and burnt everything down to ashes

Comment chain from

Aponymous said:
She could not have just bought bonds and planted a victory garden, no.

Aponymous said:
She could not have just bought bonds and planted a victory garden, no.

Well, no. Any pony could support the cause by buying war bonds and planting a victory garden. Not just any pony could crank out uniforms at the speed and with the quality Rarity can. Every pony was doing the job that would let them best help the cause. This is why AJ was making applesauce, not kicking rocks at the enemy on the front line, and why Pinkie was on the front line instead of running an entertainment venue.

Aponymous said:
They should have made her USO.

Aponymous said:
They should have made her USO.

But this is the Bad Future where the Sonic Rainboom never happened. She isn't the happy party Pinkie Pie we know. She is the serious, tough-as-the-rocks-she-grew-up-farming Pinkamena Dianne Pie. And the best place for her to serve is on the front line, kicking high-speed rocks at the enemy from those panniers she and Maud wore.

Shadow_Forge said:
might be a universe where celestia went evil and burnt everything down to ashes

Werewolf said:
That's a possibility, but consider this: maybe it's the result of a timeline where both Discord and Tirek won.

Excellent possibilities, both of them. :)

My headcanon is, that's the one where Starlight Glimmer 'won.' She defeated the other villains, she killed or Equalized the Princesses, she succeeded in making every pony Equalized. And then no pony is any damned good at anything (I'm looking at you, bad muffins), including such essentials as weather control and growing crops. RL has seen what happens when a lot of people, just normal people with no real experience or talent for farming, attempt to cultivate an area of land.

It was called the Dust Bowl, and I think the Equestria-wide Dust Bowl that resulted from an Equalized population in turn resulted in an extinction-level event.

But hey, if you think something or someone else caused that wasteland, I'd love to hear from you. :)

/mlp/ came up with an absolutely amazing interpretation during the poniflix stream.

PARASPRITE FUTURE
as Pinkie never became a party pony and therefore couldn't Pied Piper them away. HOWEVER Twilight is still Celestia's student of magic. She tried the same spell she did in the show when attempting to deal with the problem.
This is why Ponyville is the epicenter of the 'dust bowl' event.
Glimmer's arrival later only made things harder to deal with after she removed all special talents.

Radiant☀Meadows said:
PARASPRITE FUTURE

Well...in a future without the Rainboom, Fluttershy never realized her destiny was on the ground. So she was living up in Cloudsdale being miserable, not in a cottage down by the Everfree, picking flowers and adopting a parasprite.

Pretty good idea, though. It's possible some other pony brought a parasprite to town.

So, just watched EQG: Legend of Everfree...

Good movie, and damn it makes the girls OP...

You should be able to find it on Youtube if you look for it.

Make sure you watch after the credits for a nice, good ol' Pinkie Pie inspired facehoof.

Velvet_Star said:
So, just watched EQG: Legend of Everfree...

Good movie, and damn it makes the girls OP...

You should be able to find it on Youtube if you look for it.

Make sure you watch after the credits for a nice, good ol' Pinkie Pie inspired facehoof.

definetly a good movie. tough i think some of the writers didnt do certain cahracters too well... rarity was the worst case of this. everyline was basically "dress dress fasion dress catwalk fasion"