News - Dec 16, 2014 (5 days ago)

Pony Season 5 Slated for a "Spring" release

Hasbro has confirmed via a series of short teaser videos that season 5 of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is due to begin sometime in "Spring 2015." This means that any time between March and June.

So far the rumours are scarce, but from what we've learned episodes will include:

- At least one concerning the aftermath of Season 4's finale

- "Princess Luna has a nightmare"

- An episode centred around the Pie Family

- A special 100th Episode that will be a "22 Short Films about Sprinfield"-style focus on background and fan-favourite characters.

In the meantime, check out these official teasers for season 5:

Twilight Sparkle

Fluttershy

Applejack

Pinkie Pie

Rainbow Dash

X

Fanon/"Canon" Names

In category: Official Discussion

So several of the new new blinds bags have had their "official names" released. You can read about it here. Now, it's pretty obvious they can't use the fanon names.

I'm just wondering what the naming issue is going to be.

"Legal issues"
WHY? It's not like us fans have some copyright on their character's names.

"Heartstrings" and "Noteworthy" aren't bad names, but the others sound so unwieldy in comparison to the fanon names.
Also, those are the laziest pony-figures ever.

Well, now we have to alias the following:
Lyra > Heartstrings
Berry Punch > Berry Shine
Blues > Noteworthy
Carrot Top > Golden Harvest

Werewolf
Contributor
3 years ago
apple applejack bat_wings blank_flank blonde_hair earth_pony equine fang female filly foal generation_4 green_eyes high_res messy_hair norang94 orange_body pony sitting solo transparent_background vampire wings young rating:Safe score:0 user:Werewolf

I have to admit, those names are way less stupid than I would have expected.

Heartstrings...Berryshine...Noteworthy...Golden Harvest...

Okay, that last one, not so much.

Anyway, I suggest we simply double-tag them. Lyra would imply Heartstrings and vice-versa. I can't see throwing out the fan names, just because...well, that's how the fans know the characters, and frankly, how much canon support for Carrot Top/Golden Harvest are we ever going to get?

First off...
Berryshine CANNOT be Berry Punch. Berry Punch is an EARTH PONY; Shine is very clearly a Unicorn.

That said, I personally disagree that any of the released ponies are the same as our favorite background ponies. It's nitpicky to say, but Heartstring's hair is not the correct color. Lyra's hair is teal with a white streak in it, while Heartstring's is completely white.

I can't say much on defense of Carrot Top, save for Carrot's original hair color was green... Therefore, they could be separate based on the events of Boast Busters... But that's a long-shot. Golden Harvest isn't that bad though. I could accept this name change. Heck! It gives her a good nick-name now. We can call her "Goldie!"

As for Blues..? Uhh... I didn't really know he HAD any fanon. His name change doesn't really matter to me. LOL

I'd hate to restate what was being said on the comments but
Lyra Heartstrings sounds pretty good. We could still call her Lyra for short and have the canon name in there for long.

Princess_Luna said:
First off...
Berryshine CANNOT be Berry Punch. Berry Punch is an EARTH PONY; Shine is very clearly a Unicorn.

That said, I personally disagree that any of the released ponies are the same as our favorite background ponies. It's nitpicky to say, but Heartstring's hair is not the correct color. Lyra's hair is teal with a white streak in it, while Heartstring's is completely white.

I can't say much on defense of Carrot Top, save for Carrot's original hair color was green... Therefore, they could be separate based on the events of Boast Busters... But that's a long-shot. Golden Harvest isn't that bad though. I could accept this name change. Heck! It gives her a good nick-name now. We can call her "Goldie!"

As for Blues..? Uhh... I didn't really know he HAD any fanon. His name change doesn't really matter to me. LOL

Pretty much this. Although, mainly because of Wooden Toaster, I would rather keep Carrot Top's name as Carrot Top.