News - Dec 16, 2014 (3 days ago)

Pony Season 5 Slated for a "Spring" release

Hasbro has confirmed via a series of short teaser videos that season 5 of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is due to begin sometime in "Spring 2015." This means that any time between March and June.

So far the rumours are scarce, but from what we've learned episodes will include:

- At least one concerning the aftermath of Season 4's finale

- "Princess Luna has a nightmare"

- An episode centred around the Pie Family

- A special 100th Episode that will be a "22 Short Films about Sprinfield"-style focus on background and fan-favourite characters.

In the meantime, check out these official teasers for season 5:

Twilight Sparkle

Fluttershy

Applejack

Pinkie Pie

Rainbow Dash

X
Werewolf
Contributor
3 years ago
apple applejack bat_wings blank_flank blonde_hair earth_pony equine fang female filly foal generation_4 green_eyes high_res messy_hair norang94 orange_body pony sitting solo transparent_background vampire wings young rating:Safe score:0 user:Werewolf

Sisterhooves Social

In category: Official Discussion

Thoughts on the latest episode.

~So apparently Dinky isn't Derpy's daughter . . . she's her little sister. I am okay with this.

~In other news, Carrot Top and Berry Punch have little sisters. Have to watch it again to figure out who they are, exactly.

~An episode with only two of the Mane Six? WHAT MADNESS IS THIS?

~For the Element of Generosity, Rarity sure is clueless. Of course, Sweetie Bell is family, and we all tend to have blind spots where family is concerned. I actually like the fact that the Mane Six's Elements don't completely define who they are . . . they have flaws, and they have room to learn and grow.

~It was a Rarity episode, but also kind of an Applejack episode. And of course, Applejack came out looking like a star. Because she is awesome.

~And randomly, Spike.

Werewolf said:

~So apparently Dinky isn't Derpy's daughter . . . she's her little sister. I am okay with this.

~In other news, Carrot Top and Berry Punch have little sisters. Have to watch it again to figure out who they are, exactly.

~An episode with only two of the Mane Six? WHAT MADNESS IS THIS?

~For the Element of Generosity, Rarity sure is clueless. Of course, Sweetie Bell is family, and we all tend to have blind spots where family is concerned. I actually like the fact that the Mane Six's Elements don't completely define who they are . . . they have flaws, and they have room to learn and grow.

~It was a Rarity episode, but also kind of an Applejack episode. And of course, Applejack came out looking like a star. Because she is awesome.

~And randomly, Spike.

Point one, no, dinky and derpy are still mother and daughter; dinky is running with cloudkicker

Two; carrot-top I didn't see actually running, and it was berrypunches elder daughter running with her younger daughter

three: YOu got a problem with a two of the mane six episode?

four: Just because shes the ELEMENT OF GENEROSITY doesn't mean she has to be generous all the time, she always figures it out when it matters.

Werewolf
Contributor
3 years ago
apple applejack bat_wings blank_flank blonde_hair earth_pony equine fang female filly foal generation_4 green_eyes high_res messy_hair norang94 orange_body pony sitting solo transparent_background vampire wings young rating:Safe score:0 user:Werewolf

Princess_Celestia said:
Point one, no, dinky and derpy are still mother and daughter; dinky is running with cloudkicker

I could have sworn the gray pegasus running the race was derp-eyed. Better re-watch it.

Two; carrot-top I didn't see actually running, and it was berrypunches elder daughter running with her younger daughter

I KNOW I saw Carrot Top running.

three: YOu got a problem with a two of the mane six episode?

Eeenope. Just saying it's a pretty profound change.

four: Just because shes the ELEMENT OF GENEROSITY doesn't mean she has to be generous all the time, she always figures it out when it matters.

Yes. That was my point: the Elements don't define their characters. It would be boring if they did.

Oh, another thing: if unicorns and earth ponies can crossbreed (and it appears that pegasi and unicorns can, given Derpy and Dinky) then I theorize that Rarity's mother is related to Mrs Cake.

Well, considering we had a three of the mane six episode before (S1 E8) it's nothing "new", though it did feel more empty without the whole crew.

Also, we finally see some parents without it being a flashback. But were they living with them all along, and we didn't just see them before? >_> Rarity has the weirdest family, with new members appearing all the time (like Sweetie Belle's first appearance, not counting the one frame in the first pilot).

I think it was a good episode, though not the best one. Could have maybe used some more energy perhaps? But Sweetie Belle having burned the milk to cinders was golden ._.

Werewolf
Contributor
3 years ago

Icecolt said:
Also, we finally see some parents without it being a flashback. But were they living with them all along, and we didn't just see them before? >_> Rarity has the weirdest family, with new members appearing all the time (like Sweetie Belle's first appearance, not counting the one frame in the first pilot).

I got the impression that Rarity lives by herself, and Sweetie Bell lives with their parents elsewhere in Ponyville. This would explain Sweetie Bell's random appearances at her sister's place.

Point on Spike: Rarity likely called him over to write it down, since he does it for Twilight, so he can send the letter off.

I wonder if it'll come to Spike getting an episode where he has too many letters to write...

Dio_Brando said:
I wonder if it'll come to Spike getting an episode where he has too many letters to write...

Ahahahaha.
An episode about Spike.

Well, I finally sat down and watched it now...and I really don't have a lot to say about this one. Like Lesson Zero, this shows that Hasbro is willing to take the steps to keep their brony community interested (Okay, perhaps I'm only referring to myself, but whatever). Beautiful character development, especially for Rarity and Sweetie (As was clearly the point). I am finding it stranger and stranger that Apple Jack has the Element of Honesty, though--not only did she deceive Sweetie Belle (Although it was for the better), she proved that she'd do a lot to help out a friend--pointing more towards Generosity.
And--as you'd probably expect by now--not even this episode could move me to tears.

Also, I notice that Sweetie Belle's voice cracks and spikes a lot.
I sure hope this is intentional, because otherwise, it's very annoying.

(And, really, guys, I made the New Episode Discussion topic, but it seems I have to bump it if it's going to be used that week.)

Werewolf
Contributor
3 years ago

PsychoShy said:
I am finding it stranger and stranger that Apple Jack has the Element of Honesty, though--not only did she deceive Sweetie Belle (Although it was for the better), she proved that she'd do a lot to help out a friend--pointing more towards Generosity.

Good point. I'm really hoping for an Applejack episode in Season 2, since I think she is easily the most under-explored pony. I want to see her vaunted honesty in action - I want to see her save the day and be awesome, like Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy and Twilight have all gotten to do.

But yeah, AJ demonstrates generosity and loyalty, but her honesty hasn't been as prominent.

And--as you'd probably expect by now--not even this episode could move me to tears.

Doesn't surprise me, if the various Celestia & Luna or Derpy & Dinky comics didn't.

(And, really, guys, I made the New Episode Discussion topic, but it seems I have to bump it if it's going to be used that week.)

I know, and I felt kinda bad for not using it, but I also think each episode deserves its own topic.

Werewolf said:
Good point. I'm really hoping for an Applejack episode in Season 2, since I think she is easily the most under-explored pony. I want to see her vaunted honesty in action - I want to see her save the day and be awesome, like Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy and Twilight have all gotten to do.

But yeah, AJ demonstrates generosity and loyalty, but her honesty hasn't been as prominent.

Doesn't surprise me, if the various Celestia & Luna or Derpy & Dinky comics didn't.

I know, and I felt kinda bad for not using it, but I also think each episode deserves its own topic.

Season 1: episode 3

Werewolf
Contributor
3 years ago

Pinkie_Pie said:
Season 1: episode 3

I was not impressed with Applebuck Season (which is episode 4, BTW). Yes, it was an AJ episode, but all it really showed was her being prideful and sleep-deprived. I want to see her being awesome the way Dash got to be in Sonic Rainboom, or the way Fluttershy got to be in Dragonshy and Stare Master. I want to see her honesty come into play in a major way. I want to see her succeed where another pony would have failed because of who she is.

Of the Mane Six, everypony except Applejack and Pinkie Pie has at least one "awesome/save the day" moment, and everypony except AJ has had their Element shine on multiple occasions. AJ seems to be getting left in the dust.

Werewolf said:

That's not what I thought. Dinky, Derpy's daughter, was running with a separate pony. That means they are sisters. If all of this is true, then Derpy's family grew by one middle-aged pony. That didn't destroy that fandom.

Again, this is not how I see it.
Berry Punch has a daughter (of various names), yet was depicted as sisters. Remember the term "Over Protective Mom" that Berry Punch was deemed? Guess it's sister. That fandom is ruined.

In the end, this is my least favorite episode in season 2, maybe even of all time.
The plot was really weak. It felt like a show for little girls. (Which, normally, it doesn't, thus the major appeal)