News - Aug 14, 2017 (6 months ago)

We are experiencing an issue with the uploading system

When you upload, you may get a "File Not Found" Error. We are currently contacting our web admin in order to fix the issue, but until then, we have a work-around that has proven to work for the time being. If you wish to upload, please save the image to your computer, then add it to the upload screen through the "Browse" button. We hope that works for now and will make a notification when the issue is fixed.
~Princess Luna

X
Post in forum #2574 - New Episode Discussion
Werewolf
Contributor
6 years ago
apple applejack bat_wings blonde_hair earth_pony equine fang female filly foal generation_4 green_eyes high_res messy_hair norang94 orange_body pony sitting solo transparent_background vampire wings young rating:Safe score:1 user:Werewolf

PsychoShy said:
Erm, whatever you're talking about has flown over me, Werewolf, but moving right along!

But I can explain . . .

I find it a little strange that this caste system isn't nearly so notable in, say, Ponyville.

Ponyville has a very country/small town vibe to me, whereas Canterlot is clearly intended to be a big, important city. Also, Ponyville was founded by earth ponies, who seem to be more pragmatic than the other breeds . . . anypony want to bet Canterlot was founded by unicorns?

I also note that whenever Rarity gets a number, it feels like more of a music video rather than a musical number that goes with the show. The time lapses, the effects, it really has a stark contrast to the numbers that play while everypony else is, y'know, doing things (e.g., Winter Wrap-Up, May the Best Pet Win).

I hadn't noticed that before, but you're right. Interesting.

Cameos, cameos everywhere! I really think we've hit home that we want "Derpy" to be our silly character, but that's not all--during the musical number, Photo Finish also appears briefly.

Also Prince Blueblood (as Icecolt noted). Also Hoity Toity, Sapphire Shores and . . . Lyra?

Man, we need more people like Fancy Pants in modern society. <snip> he's got a spot alongside Trixie and Zecora as one of my favorite minor characters. True shame that gold-digger of a wife he's got is getting more art than him.

I agree regarding Fancy Pants. MLP seems to be doing a good job of avoiding stereotypes and showing that good people can be anywhere. Rarity herself being the classic example; in any other show the prissy glamour-girl would have driven me crazy. But Rarity is a lady in the truest sense of the word.

And I don't have any issues with Fleur. We know nothing at all about her. She might even be mute.

Icecolt said:
I seem to have noticed that I have to get used to the songs in season 2, as I don't really like them the first time I hear them, but they seem to get better after a few times.

I felt that way about the "Find a Pet Song" in S2E7 . . . took me a few listens to really start liking it. I have to say, though, I loved "The Pony Everypony Should Know" the first time I heard it.