News - Aug 14, 2017 (1 year ago)

We are experiencing an issue with the uploading system

When you upload, you may get a "File Not Found" Error. We are currently contacting our web admin in order to fix the issue, but until then, we have a work-around that has proven to work for the time being. If you wish to upload, please save the image to your computer, then add it to the upload screen through the "Browse" button. We hope that works for now and will make a notification when the issue is fixed.
~Princess Luna

X

Molestia said:
With that, the Mailcolt walked out and towards Sugarcube corner, hoping to warm up with a cup of Tea.

The knock at the door downstairs causes the Cutie Mark Crusaders to bolt under the table again. They creep out as it comes again, a measured three raps of a hoof against wood. Sweetie Belle goes back to gathering up the scattered marsmallows, which Gummy willingly eats. Applebloom returns to the window, staring out. She sees an orange pony with a blue mane and tail whizz past on huge red butterfly wings, dressed in a red tuxedo jacket and matching top hat. She doesn't say anything. The others wouldn't believe her unless they saw it too, and he, she, or it was gone now. Applebloom wasn't sure if she believed it herself. Scootaloo heads for the door of the bedroom but pauses when the others don't follow.

"Uh, shouldn't we get that?" Scootaloo said.

"Pinkie Pie said to stay in the room." Sweetie Belle said.

Scootaloo isn't impressed. "If it's not safe downstairs, why would it be safe up here? And stop feeding Gummy marshmallows, Sweetie Belle: all that sugar can't be good for him." She secretly liked Gummy, and thought he was too awesome a pet for a bubble-brain like Pinkie Pie.

Applebloom snorts and rolls her eyes. "Well, what the hay can it do to him? Make his teeth fall out?"

Sweetie Belle giggles. "Maybe that's what already happened." Gummy blinks, one eye lagging behind the other, and snaps another marshmallow out of the air.

Scootaloo opens the door. "I'm going. You scardy-mares can stay here if you want." Applebloom and Sweetie Belle try to rush and grab her, but Scootaloo is by far the fastest of the three. She buzzes down the stairs, more floating than flying, as a slightly more impatient-sounding knock comes at the door.

Scootaloo opens it and sees a male pegasus wearing layers of woolen clothing and a mail satchel. He has a strange but interesting accent. "G'day, little fillies!"

"Oh, hey." Scootaloo said. The other two fillies skid to a halt behind her and exchange glances of exasperation and relief. "You're here to deliver some mail, I guess? Come on in, you look frozen."

META: I would most appreciate a physical description of Fleetwind, Molestia. Worked into your post or as a meta aside, either one works. Thanking you in advance.

Let the wild rumpus begin!

Ryan puts the potion and box in his pack. "Thank you Zecora, and I'll take it easy and the running!" Ryan waved goodbye to Zecora and starts heading back to Ponyville.

Ryan finally exits the Everfree Forest. He fines a path and takes him further from that forest. He fines himself at a crossroad. He looks over his map. "Hmm...which way to Ponyville?" He ponders then decides and takes a path. But without knowing he takes the path that takes him to towards Whitetail Woods.

He looks at the sign that says Whitetail and stops. He takes out out his map and sits down.

"Well looks like I'm lost...Great, just great."

He looks over his map and scratches his ear.

"Well I'm suppose to go...noo, maybe...darn it."

internetcatchphrase said:
The knock at the door downstairs causes the Cutie Mark Crusaders to bolt under the table again. They creep out as it comes again, a measured three raps of a hoof against wood. Sweetie Belle goes back to gathering up the scattered marsmallows, which Gummy willingly eats. Applebloom returns to the window, staring out. She sees an orange pony with a blue mane and tail whizz past on huge red butterfly wings, dressed in a red tuxedo jacket and matching top hat. She doesn't say anything. The others wouldn't believe her unless they saw it too, and he, she, or it was gone now. Applebloom wasn't sure if she believed it herself. Scootaloo heads for the door of the bedroom but pauses when the others don't follow.

"Uh, shouldn't we get that?" Scootaloo said.

"Pinkie Pie said to stay in the room." Sweetie Belle said.

Scootaloo isn't impressed. "If it's not safe downstairs, why would it be safe up here? And stop feeding Gummy marshmallows, Sweetie Belle: all that sugar can't be good for him." She secretly liked Gummy, and thought he was too awesome a pet for a bubble-brain like Pinkie Pie.

Applebloom snorts and rolls her eyes. "Well, what the hay can it do to him? Make his teeth fall out?"

Sweetie Belle giggles. "Maybe that's what already happened." Gummy blinks, one eye lagging behind the other, and snaps another marshmallow out of the air.

Scootaloo opens the door. "I'm going. You scardy-mares can stay here if you want." Applebloom and Sweetie Belle try to rush and grab her, but Scootaloo is by far the fastest of the three. She buzzes down the stairs, more floating than flying, as a slightly more impatient-sounding knock comes at the door.

Scootaloo opens it and sees a male pegasus wearing layers of woolen clothing and a mail satchel. He has a strange but interesting accent. "G'day, little fillies!"

"Oh, hey." Scootaloo said. The other two fillies skid to a halt behind her and exchange glances of exasperation and relief. "You're here to deliver some mail, I guess? Come on in, you look frozen."

META: I would most appreciate a physical description of Fleetwind, Molestia. Worked into your post or as a meta aside, either one works. Thanking you in advance.

Let the wild rumpus begin!

"Oh, hello Scootaloo, no mail today, it's all waiting to be delivered at your post office." Tradewind stepped inside, shaking the snow off his wings and flank. "How've you been girls?"

"Okay, I guess" came the chorused reply, "but still no cutie marks!".

The three looked so pathetically wretched Tradewind couldn't help but pull them into a tight hug. "Aww, don't worry girls, you know I didn't get my Cutie mark until I was quite a bit older than you three?"

"Really?!" Scootaloo replied incredulously, "Maaan, if I had your wings, I would've gotten my cutie mark ages ago! I'd be the fastest flyer in all of Equestria! Even faster than Rainbow Dash!"

Tradewind snorted, "Ha, no you wouldn't, I doubt I could even fly fast enough to get caught up in Dash's slipstream."

"Then how did you get your cutie mark?" Sweetie Belle whined, "Yeah! I wanna hear how you got it!" Was Scootaloo's plea. "Please sir? Ah wanna hear your story too!" That was Applebloom.

Tradwind was surprised, "Why do you want to hear my story? I'm just a mailpony, I'm hardly going to be famous like your sisters or Rainbow Dash..."

"We wanna hear everyponie's cutie mark story!" came the - once again - eerily chorused reply.

"Well... Okay, but first things first, where's Pinkie Pie? I need tea so badly that my wings are about to drop off!"

[Meta: Hey InternetCatchprase, it's "Tradewind", not "Fleetwind". As for a physical description, I'm a fairly well-built Pegasus (Not a large as Big Mac, but slightly larger than the average male pegasus. Dark grey coat and black mane and tail. My cutie mark is a Tea Clipper under full sail. But my defining feature are my wings: They're probably about twice as wide as the average pegasus wingspan, and stick out further than my flank when folded. I'll explain some more in my next post. Oh yes, also, I'm writing my character under the assumption that he's been to ponyville quite a few times, enough to know the more prominent ponies.]

Molestia said:
"We wanna hear everyponie's cutie mark story!" came the - once again - eerily chorused reply.

"Well... Okay, but first things first, where's Pinkie Pie? I need tea so badly that my wings are about to drop off!"

Scootaloo and the others exchange worried glances. Scootaloo faces Tradewind, then looks around. "Tea, right. Tea. Can't be too hard to make tea, can it?" Behind her, Sweetie Belle looks dubious, but Applebloom is near panic behind her frozen grin: flashing back to a long series of disasters that started pretty much the same way.

"No, no." Tradewind says. "I wouldn't dream of having three sweet little fillies waiting after me." The pegasus rustles his large wings, looking around. His ears swivel, catching no sounds of people deeper in the building. "Are you three here all by yourselves?"

"Uh..." Scootaloo wonders if Gummy counts enough for saying *no* not to be an actual lie.

"Pinkie Pie," Applebloom said, "told us to stay while she went to see what made that loud noise a while ago."

"I guess I missed that." Tradewind said. "Just got here, all the way from Manehatten." He sighs. "Was really hoping for that tea, though."

Sweetie Bell perks up. "Pinkie Pie wouldn't mind if you used the kitchen to make tea, Mister Tradewind."

Scootaloo and Applebloom exchange glances, then shrug and nod. There is no doubt in their minds that Pinkie really wouldn't mind. In fact if she found out they turned a cold, thirsty pony away, she would likely be upset. That is reason enough for Applebloom, while Scootaloo is more concerned with hearing about that awesome ship cutie mark. Sweetie Belle develops a faint blush as she nods. The CMC lead the pegasus to the kitchen, after he sheds and neatly hangs up his layers of warm garments. Their removal reveals that not all of the bulk had been clothes. A dark grey coat of fur, darker still where melted snow has soaked in, covers a frame more solid than most pegasi. His hair and mane black, he is overall plainer than most pegasi the CMC have seen, *especially* Rainbow Dash.

Sweetie Belle secretly decides he *is* handsome.

Tea brewed, Tradewind drinks a mug in silence: savoring it, the deep warmth of the kitchen, and the quiet impatience radiating from the three fillies. Refilling his mug, he takes a sip...but then smiles and sets it down. "Wait a minute. You girls asked about how I got my cutie mark, am I right?"

As one, they answer: Sweetie Belle bashful, Applebloom eager, and Scootaloo frustrated. "YES!"

"Um..." Sweetie Belle said. "If you don't mind."

META: Sorry. Tradewind it was, is, and shall ever be.
Thanks for the description. About the accent, I felt you wouldn't mind, since I read a post on another thread where you claim to be from Down Under. :) If Tradewind notices Sweetie Belle's crush, I may have her attempt some innocent and rather inept attempts at flirting. If not, I'll have her keep it under wraps.

InternetCatchprhase said:

"Wait a minute. You girls asked about how I got my cutie mark, am I right?"

As one, they answer: Sweetie Belle bashful, Applebloom eager, and Scootaloo frustrated. "YES!"

"Um..." Sweetie Belle said. "If you don't mind."

The grey pegasus took a draught from his Mug, "Okay then: Growing up in Cloudsdale, flying was everything, and I could fly quite well from an early age. Unfortunately, I had a lot of difficulty keeping up with other ponies. Rainbow Dash, for example, was the star of the flying school, well, until she got kicked out," He paused, "I think I'll let her tell you that story, but the point was that I could fly, but most of the time I got left behind. No matter how hard I flapped my wings, I couldn't get the speed that the others could, and I tired out my flying muscles really quickly if I tried."

The Crusaders were engrossed in his tale, Tradewind was actually flattered, he always considered his life to be dully satisfying at best. Sweetie Belle in particular was staring at him with wide eyes.

"Anyway, I was maybe a year or two older than what you are now, when a young Filly got herself lost somewhere on the ground. Nobody was quite sure how it happened, probably was practicing gliding and missed her cloud, wound up on the ground with no way of getting back up." Tradewind took another sip of his tea. "Practically every competent flyer in Cloudsdale was recruited to search for the poor thing, myself included.

Everyone was flying in big wide circles, calling out, diving close to the ground, but unfortunately we had no luck, nobody was even sure where she came down, or if she was hurt, if she was in a cave or found some earth pony town..."

"Did ya'll give up lookin'?" Inquired Applebloom, receiving dagger glares from her comrades-in-arms. "Why don't you let him finish?" Demanded Sweetie Belle irritably.

"Come now girls, don't be like that", Tradewind sighed, "To answer your question, yes, most of the ponies did give up looking, out of exhaustion more than anything. By then it was late afternoon, and everypony was dead tired. However, I found myself having much less trouble staying in the air.

Just on dusk, just before the sun set, I found myself floating on winds I'd never felt before: thermals, they kept me up without me having to flap my wings more than once or twice, and I ended up flying much further than I was supposed to. Good thing too, because as it turned out, that young filly panicked upon finding solid ground underhoof, and bolted. By the time she had stopped running, she was well out of our search area. I found her around midnight, dead asleep in the middle of a field."

"Woah", came the sound from all three of the young fillies, "Did you rescue her Mr. Tradewind?" Asked Sweetie Belle, eyes never straying from Tradewind's tightly folded wings.

"Yup, carried her back myself. I was knackered by the time I got back to Cloudsdale, and it was well past dawn, but everypony was glad to see me, and I pretty much collapsed as soon as I touched down. I woke up a day later with this" Tradewind indicated the ship etched into his flank "I knew from that moment that my wings weren't for fighting the wind, but rather for catching it, following it and riding it. Not long after, I moved to Manehatten and got a job carrying the long-distance mail; Most pegasus would need two or three days to fly from Manehatten to Canterlot; I can do it overnight."

Tale finished, Tradewind winked at the young Crusaders and poured himself another cup of tea.

"What?! No races?! No death-defying stunts?! No powerdives over pits of lava?!" Scootaloo was seriously disappointed, but the others interjected "He did save a pony!"

"Yeah, Ah reckon that's a nice story".

"Girls, please, I did warn you that it wouldn't be a particularly exciting story, but it's mine, and I'm proud of it."

"It's a nice story", sighed Sweetie Belle, nuzzling up to the Pegasus and closing her eyes.

"Er... yeah, thanks Sweetie" came the reply, "but I should really try to find Pinkie, I still owe her a few bits from the last time I was here..."

(Got sidetracked by chat. :P Going to post at least one good-sized update tomorrow: not RP-ing with anyone's character, just a kind of wide-angle view of how things stand and general summing-up. So...End Chapter One?

XD)

Chapter One: The Morning

If anyone has an idea for a better title than this 'The Morning,' please email me.

Though the winter day had only reached noon, to many of Ponyville's residents it felt like it had gone on for days. The snowball fight had begun as a chaotic free-for-all but most of the participants soon tired of this game. After this the battle soon resolved into a friendly war between two snow-castles. One was defended by Pinkie Pie and Applejack [RP by me], with whom everyone in Ponyville should be familiar. The other contained Ryan Speedhooves [RP by same], a swift earth pony with a brown body, black-and-white hair, and a winged horseshoe cutie mark. With him was Captain Courage [RP by same], a white-bodied pegasus with red hair and unknown [by me, would appreciate knowing] cutie mark. However, Captain Courage spent most of the battle passive, as he was ill.

After a spirited exchange, a mysterious pony named mahna [same] tired of the fighting and constructed a vast snowball to roll down a hill toward them. Unfortunately for him, he got caught up in his own creation, rolling at speed into Ryan and the Captain's fort. Ryan burst from the ruins firing snowballs from one of the crossbows Pinkie had conjured from...somewhere. Pinkie cheerfully accepted his challenge, and it ended in a close-quarters brawl. Ryan won by realizing an illogical logic beneath his opponent's actions and successfully used her own tactics against her.

Meanwhile, Applejack lay in wait for Captain Courage, nearly shooting mahna as he dazedly clambered from the ruined snow-castle. After the Captain failed to appear, Applejack realized something was wrong. She summoned her dog Winona [me], who had fallen glamorously afoul of the Cutie Mark Crusader's [me] attempt to earn a 'pet beautician' cutie mark. With her keen nose Winona soon located the Captain, whose condition had worsened. Taking him to Nurse Redheart [me, but jump on in], she and the Captain put the day's excitement behind them.

For now, at any rate. ;) Meanwhile mahna wandered off in an understandably foul mood, presumably returning to lurk under the bridge where he made his cardboard home. Nurse Redheart is aware of him, and concerned, though he doesn't know it is she who leaves him packages of food.

Pinkie Pie, Ryan Speedhooves, and the CMC retired to Sugarcube Corner for cocoa and to hear the story of how Ryan obtained his cutie mark. The peace was soon broken, however, by a loud roar. Leaving the CMC safe in Pinkie's room, Pinkie and Ryan ventured out to seek the source of the noise. Rainbow-colored smoke billowed from the library where Twilight Sparkle [me] lived. Venturing close caused Pinkie to develop butterfly wings and a beard, both green. Both were undersized, thanks to Ryan's intervention. Using his tremendous speed, Ryan summons a whirlwind to banish the smoke. He was unaffected by it. Unknown to anyone but Pinkie at present, she was the accidental cause of the magical misadventure: a popcorn kernel she spat earlier improbably managed to fall down Twilight's chimney and into the brewing potion.

Desperate to avoid Twilight learning of her part in the misadventure, Pinkie does something foolish, yet predictable: she eats the evidence. At first, all seems well, but then hiccups cause her to begin sprouting extra wings on her ankles and head, as well as making her beard and original wings full-sized.

Twilight causes Pinkie to sleep, temporarily halting the hiccups and further unpredictable transformations. Sending Ryan to Zecora for a hiccup antidote, she waits anxiously with her snoring friend. She is destined to wait for a while, as Ryan stepped in Poison Joke hidden under the snow. It destroyed not his speed but his sense of direction. Though he gains the antidote from Zecora, using it must wait until he has access to a bathtub. Despite his caution and careful consulting of a map, Ryan becomes lost: pausing at a crossroads where he hopes someone will soon come along to aid him. Aid will soon find him, as a new character [RP by StarCrosser] has chosen to enter the plot.

Back in Ponyville, a long-distance courier pegasus named Tradewind [RP by Molestia] has arrived. Dropping mail from Manehatten off at the post office, he leaves it in the well-meaning but dubiously reliable hooves of Derpy [unclaimed at present]. The pegasus, of powerful build and notably large wings, has a dark grey body, black hair, and a cutie mark of a clipper ship in full sail. Heading to Sugarcube Corner for some hot tea, he finds it empty save for the CMC and Gummy, whose current whereabouts are uncertain. The three fillies naturally convince Tradewind to tell the tale of how he gained his cutie mark. Afterwards he leaves to seek out Pinkie Pie, to whom he owes money.

Meanwhile, the pegasi of nearby Cloudsdale are at their wit's end dealing with the crowd of earth ponies and unicorns who used the magical misadventure to gain wings. Eventually a form of semi-order is restored as the pegasi organize the bulk of them to help clear away the aftermath of the epic snowball fight, as well as repair the broken windows of the library. Sometime after being brought back to Sugarcube Corner, the snow-crossbows vanish, presumably returning to wherever Pinkie got them. Spike is currently at Rarity's, hoping his new purple-and-green butterfly wings will impress her.

Things have begun to settle down in Ponyville, but the calm is fragile and almost certainly not destined to last. The day is only half over, and looks to continue as it has began.

META: Unknown to everyone at present, Ryan's mysterious immunity to the magical smoke was due to having eaten popcorn from the batch that had supplied that wayward kernel. Captain Courage also has it, though this is unlikely to become relevant. This detail will prove to be the key to Twilight creating an effective antidote...provided Pinkie can gather the nerve to confess the part she had played and the nature of the as-yet-unknown contaminant. As for Pinkie's *lack* of immunity, the wayward kernel had some of her saliva on it, producing a double-negative effect...and is likely the reason for the spell being so humerously chaotic. XD

I love it when a plot comes together!

(The above metatext shouldn't really count as a spoiler, as it's such a foregone conclusion that Pinkie will confess and Twilight will forgive her. Just thought to let anyone puzzled by Ryan's immunity to the smoke know that I've discovered a way in which it makes narrative sense. In fact, it was his ignoring of the smoke that set my mind down the path that led to the clever solution described above.

To anyone worried about me dominating this thread, I have apparently become acting GM. I'll treat my accidental authority with respect and restraint. My self-appointed task is to handle the boring *to most* background stuff like scenery and NPCs, hopefully creating a world that's fun for the other RPr's to play within. There's no fixed plot and there will be absolutely *no* railroading on my part. I might occasionally try to bring divergent plot threads together, but only when such crossings make sense within the in-world context.

To the curent RPr's and those considering joining: I'll try to hang around on chat for a while each day, and I welcome private conversations involving where the thread has been and where it *may* go next. I'm eager to hear your ideas and willing to offer helpful advice on such subjects as how to gracefully insert a new character into the thread. If you can't catch me, shoot my site account an email. I'll read it and almost certainly respond.

Ryan turns Around and heads back to the crossroads, He sits back down and looks around trying to decide which way to go.

It wasn't long after Ryan returned to the crossroads in his case blundering misdirection caused by the Poison Joke that a certain Blue-Grey Pegasus happened across him. She was flying happily through the nipping winter air toward the Whitetail Woods, to visit her grandmother. It was a long trip for her, having flown from Canterlot, over Ponyville (which gave her a wonderful aerial view of the ensuing snow-ball war), and out into the open road. Seeing the lost pony, she stopped in the air above him, tilting her head curiously.

"Are you lost, sir?" She called out, lowering down into view. The girl was wearing a round pair of glasses, that had since been frosted over, a cozy scarf and matching hat, which hid away her length of somewhat blue-tinted, White Hair. StarCrosser was completely prepared for the season! She had nice fuzzy boots to keep her hooves warm and a fluffy jacket to keep her from getting sick flying through the cold like she was, all the way to her saddlebags, packed with long-distance essentials for a snowy traveler: Things like hot cocoa mix, blankets, and especially tissues!

She landed before him, pulling the scarf down from over her mouth and spoke again, fearing she was muffled by it. "I said, are you lost? Do you need help?" Star smiled at him.

Ryan looked up at the Blue-grey Pegasus.
"Oh, Hi there, yes, Im lost."

Ryan looks back at his map and then at the pegasus.

"Um, do you know which way to Ponyville?"

Ryan stands up and looks down at his front legs.
They were covered with blue spots from the ankle down.
Thinks to him self (that doesnt look good at all.)

She nodded and pointed northwest. "Yeah, I just came from there! It's right down the road thattaway!" the pegasus giggled. The girl didn't quite notice his blue-spotted hooves under the snow, and tilted her head a little curiously. "So where you from? Not from around here, seeing as you're so lost... Right?" Star asked.

Ryan chuckles. "Heh yeah, well I'm from Ponyville, I was on my way back from the Everfree Forest. I needed to get a potion delivered to the Library." Ryan Smiles at the girl. "Well thanks I need to be heading back now." Ryan starting walking but headed the opposite direction. "Wait..which direction was it again?" Ryan started scratching his head, exposing the blue spots on his hoof.

The pegasus blinked and quirked her brow, looking at him quizzically. "So if you're from Ponyville, how come you don't know your way back?" She asked, completely puzzled.

And then the colt started walking off the wrong direction. Now she was even more confused. "No, no. I said NORTHWEST, not South-east! Don't you know your directions?" She grimaced a little, flying in front of him and physically turning his head in the right direction. "That way!"

Ryan steps back a little. "Oh, sorry." Ryan blushes from embarresment "I stepped into this plant called Poison joke when I ran through the Everfree Forest, since then I really cant tell directions." Ryan shows the Pegasus his blue spotted hoof as proof.

"Oooh... Alright then?" She said, blinking slightly. Star tried thinking back on all the things she knew about botany, but she couldn't remember anything about a 'Poison Joke' plant before. Then again, it wasn't out of the question that a plant could make you lose your sense of direction. There were other plants that could make you go absolutely bonkers just for sniffing it!

The Pegasus scratched her head and looked down the road anxiously. She was on her way to visit her dear Grandmother and was very excited to go see her again, but then again, how could she deny a pony in need... Ponyville was only a mere 10 minutes away, after all! She could just pretend there was a strong headwind on the way down and it made her late. StarCrosser sighed and nudged the earth pony into the right direction. "Well... alright, how about I do you a favor and lead you back to town?" She offered, looking out to the distance. You could see the tips of some houses just barely, along with several chimney-stacks puffing up smoke from the fires keeping ponies warm at home. Star herself was starting to feel the cold, standing still like this in the snow, pulling up her scarf again and wiggling down into her jacket a little.

It won't be long. I'll bring him right to the edge of town where he can't POSSIBLY go the wrong way and hurry back here as fast as I can..., She thought to herself, shrugging slightly. How hard could it be?

"Umm, are you sure, I mean dont you need to go somewhere? I dont want to be a bother."

Ryan starts walking as soon as he gets nudged by the pegasus.

She rolled her eyes and nudged the pony on his way. "It's totally alright! I can't exactly let you just get lost and wander around aimlessly, on your own, now can I?" Star giggled. It was true... It was pretty important to her to make it to her granny's house before nightfall this evening, but it was still well into the afternoon! There was PLENTY of time to help this poor pony. And plus... She wasn't sure if she could live with herself knowing she just left the poor guy out here in the cold... Speaking of that, the colt wasn't wearing a drop of anything warm! "Aren't you freezing?" She asked, wondering why he wasn't at LEAST wearing boots. Maybe that would have saved him from that Poison Joke or whatever it was.

"Not really, Im kinda use to the cold."

They continue to walk towards Ponyville. But as they walked it grew silent, Ryan then looked at the Pegasus.

"Hey, whats your name? Mines is Ryan, Ryan Speedhooves."

"Oh! How silly of me." She giggled shaking his hoof. "My name is Star Crosser!"

Star walked beside the poisoned pony, making sure to trot around him and correct his path every time he randomly changed direction. It was starting to bug her, but she'd ignore herself if it meant helping someone in need. And Ryan was in DIRE need of help. Just as she was stopping the colt from turning completely around, she grumbled and turned him straight back in the right direction. "Ryan, you wouldn't happen to know the cure for this little illness you got, would ya?" Star snipped, grimacing as his random direction changes caused him to stop altogether. The Pegasus bumped into him and stumbled forward, pushing him along while falling flat on her face in the process.

"Because this is kinda getting annoying!" She huffed, sitting up and brushing herself off. Just as she started twisting her wool cap back into place, Ryan was already veering off in a different direction! Yeah! This is SO EASY, Star. Way to go. , she thought, rolling her eyes as she trotted over and nudged him back into line. Help a lost pony, only to find out his internal compass doesn't even know which way is north!

Not to mention, all this running back and forth and pushing the guy the right way again was starting to wear her out! But they were almost there! What a relief. She could see Ponyville clearly now and, correcting Ryan for the bajillionth time, she perked up the last ounces of patience she could muster and just kept up with him. "Come on, Ryan. We're almost there! You can see it yourself! Can't possibly lose your way now, right?" She asked, somewhat desperately. At this rate, she didn't know if she'd even have enough energy to fly all the way back to the crossroads. Even then, she had a bit of a distance to go through the forest to get to her Grandma's secluded tree-house. But atleast Whitetail woods was nothing like the Everfree forest. It was calm and peaceful and serene in every direction you looked. Not a single monster or creepy shadow under that canopy!

"Sorry about this, and yes there is a cure. I have a box of some special soap in my pack."

They enter Ponyville and Ryan sees the Library.

"Well thanks a lot Star, I think I can make it from here." Ryan then Speeds off at full speed but then hits a tree. Thinks to himself (smooth Ryan way to emberrass yourself)

Ryan stands back up and shakes his head. "I'm Ok! I can do this." Ryan starts walking again.

(Hope Pinkie Pie is Ok...)

Tradewind stepped out of the sweetshop, back into the chilly winter Air. The young fillies inside mentioned that Pinkie Pie was headed toward the Ponyville library, and so he headed in that direction. There were still a few gossamer-winged ponies floating about, occasionally bumping into each other and more-often-than-not, the ground. Tradewind grinned, and wondered what happened to the town while he was not here. Oh well, probably some kind of prank.

Reaching the tree into which the library was carved, he tapped sharply on the door. The portal was pulled open by a small purple-and-green dragon. "Yes, can I help you?" The young reptile asked. "Hey, um, er... SPIKE, hey Spike, is Pinkie Pie here?" Inquired Tradewind, craning his neck to see inside.

"Er, yeah, she is, but now's probably not a good ti-" Spike was interrupted by the voice of a young mare "Hey Spike! Whoever it is, let them in, it's freezing!" Spike sighed and rolled his eyes, "I guess you can come in..."

Tradewind stepped inside, the warmth of the library hitting him like a wall. Inside was a disastrous mess, books and scrolls strewn across the ground, and lingering amongst the ceiling rafters, the remnants of multicoloured smoke. A young unicorn mare was in the middle of it all, desperately trying to bring a semblance of order back to the space. Horn glowing, she picked up a pile of books and rammed them with some force back into one of the shelves that surrounded her.

After a few moments, she finally sighed and turned around. "Oh, Hello, you're that Mailcolt who does the Manehatten run, aren't you?"

"That's me." Tradewind replied, "Twilight Sparkle, right?"

"Yep! Pleased to meet you, Mr...?"

"Tradewind, but no Mister, just Tradewind."

"Okay, so what brings you by today Tradewind?

"Er... The Cutie Mark Crusaders said that Pinkie Pie might be around somewhere here...?"

Twilight looked crestfallen, "Uh, yeah, actually, she is, see that smoke up there?"

Tradewind was shocked to say the least "You blew her up?!"

"NO! NO! That's what's left of a spell that went pretty wrong! Pinkie Pie drank what was left of it, and now she's in rather a state, I had to make her fall asleep!"

"Oh, that's... okay then, I think" Tradewind breathed a sigh of relief. "Is she here? Can I see her?"

"Sure thing", came the reply, "I've got another pony getting medicine anyway, so she'll be all better soon enough".

Twilight led the Mailcolt upstairs, to where a less-than-amazing-looking Pinkie Pie lay snoring on a large wooden bed. Tradewind just about fell over in shock at what he saw. Between the several dozen butterfly wings of varying size and shape, the "ZZ Clop"-(a popular rock outfit from Phillydelphia)-style beard, and Hair sticking out perfectly straight in all directions, Pinkie Pie looked the epitome of a spell gone wrong. Oh Well, at least she was sleeping peacefully.

"Er... You don't mind if I wait here until your Medicine pony gets back, do you?" Tradewind asked the purple Librarian. "Sure, I was just about to brew some hot cocoa, if you want some", was her answer.

"Thanks", Tradewind said gratefully, sinking into a chair next to Pinkie's bed, making sure his wings weren't crushed underhoof. Settling down, he sat and waited for the knock on the door that would signal the return of Twilight's errand pony.

Molestia said:
"Thanks", Tradewind said gratefully, sinking into a chair next to Pinkie's bed, making sure his wings weren't crushed underhoof. Settling down, he sat and waited for the knock on the door that would signal the return of Twilight's errand pony.

(Absolutely not upset, Molestia: just felt compelled to elaborate on Spike's presence in the library.)

Spike gives Tradewind a look the pegasus either doesn't see or chooses to ignore. Grumbling under his breath, Spike returns to trying to repair the chaos. As a few moments pass he feels a little guilty. The pegasus had done nothing to deserve being glared at. Spike's bad mood came partly from Rarity's latest rejection and partly from coming home to find the library trashed.

*Again.*

He'd been so angry he'd flamed his wings and beard right off. They hadn't grown back. At least the windows had been repaired in a hurry. Unicorns with wings had proven useful for *that* much. But he'd heard two of them talking. Pinkie Pie had been telling people about what happened after he ate the baked bads. Spike couldn't really be mad at Pinkie for that, especially not *now,* and he wanted to be mad at *someone.*

Twilight Sparkle helps Spike clean, but her attention is elsewhere. Her gaze keeps turning up to the balcony room where Pinkie Pie snores on. The strange smell kept nagging at her. She recognized it: Pinkie Popcorn. But she didn't understand it. Why? And why did she feel so certain the magical smoke had smelled of it *before* Pinkie arrived? And Pinkie had been acting weird after she *did* show up. Not Pinkie-Pie weird either.

She'd been acting...guilty.

StarCrosser plopped down on the ground and wiped her forehead with relief now that Ryan was able to find his way to the library on his own... But JUST as she was ready to go, he went off and crashed face first with a tree. Star cringed at the sight of it. She sighed, shaking her head and looking up to the over-cast skies. "Sorry Grandma... I don't know if I'll be able to make it today..." She said glumly, standing up and chasing after the brown colt as he rammed into the door a number of times. She opened it for him, but even then he ran right into the wall beside the door. At least he managed to get inside after that blunder.

This is going to be an All Day thing, isn't it? she thought, looking up at the building. The Library was a large tree, with its' insides carved into the library you see now. It was a lot like her Grandmother's house! She too lived in a home made from a tree, and has been carving it herself over all these years. She smiled a little, following in after Ryan and already felt at home. Books! Books everywhere you can see! And smoke and clutter. Her smile quickly faded as she saw the extent of things. Books and scrolls and paper everywhere, and a purple unicorn sitting in the center of it all, working furiously.

Come to think of it, now she felt even more at home! It reminded her a lot of her own habits of tireless work with books and scrolls; except Star wasn't a unicorn. She was a pegasus and did everything by hoof. She would often daydream how much easier her job would be if she had magic, but it wasn't going to stop her! Star was going to be a famous author one day.

"Oh wow... What is going on in here?" She asked aloud adjusting her glasses to look up at the rainbow colored smoke. That wasn't natural! Something told her she should just go back and get on her way to her grandma's house, but she couldn't leave Ryan alone while he was still afflicted with that Poison Joke whatever. Star grimaced, helping keep the stumbling pony upright and walking the right way. "And uh... Sorry for the intrusion. I'm just helping Ryan here get back to uh... Here? I guess." That reminded her that she was never quite sure why the colt was in such a hurry to get back to Ponyville.

Twilight, who was startled by the sudden banging on her walls, was cleaning up her dropped mess, gathering up her research she had been meticulously looking over to find the error in her spell. Her thoughts were broken by Star's question.

"Oh, It's uh... Nothing! Nothing at all. Don't you worry about it!" The purple unicorn answered

"It doesn't look like nothing. Reminds me of my room when I've got a deadline to meet...", Star chimed in.

This got some of Twilight's attention, looking over as she shuffled a stack of papers back into alignment. "Well okay. I kiiiiinda messed up a spell. Now there are butterfly winged ponies everywhere!" The unicorn's hair was starting to twinge out in frustration, loose hairs fraying everywhere. Even the poor girl's eyes were in a sort of panic. Twilight had been running over everything she had done in the past few hours, trying to figure out why her concoction backfired like it did. She had used all the right ingredients, had it at just the right temperature... She even stirred it exactly the way the book had specified! There was nothing in her research that told her it might possibly explode! "No no no! This makes no sense! Why why why why why?!" The wildly baffled pony exclaimed.

Star was somewhat caught between helping Ryan and helping Twilight! Both ponies in need of help, but... Well... She found Ryan first. It was better to stick with him until that was all solved and THEN she could help the unicorn. "I'll tell you what! If you can hold tight for a few minutes, I need to get Ryan here into a bath so he can wash this crazy Poison Joke rash off his hooves and walk straight again." She explained, pushing her glasses up onto her face again just as they started dropping to her nose. She could feel the pony's pain. As an Author, she worked tirelessly to meet certain deadlines, often loosing sleep just trying to make sense of her own writings. And even then, she had a part-time job to attend to. Star Crosser was a librarian, and part-time accountant, up in Canterlot... She knew a thing or two about frustration and the need to do things right on the first time.

As quickly as she could she pushed Ryan up the stairs and into the Home portion of the library. Again, much like her grandmother's house! Of course, not the exact same layout. It took several doors to find the bathroom. Once located, she promptly shoved Ryan in.

"You got that soap with you right?" She asked, watching him rummage through his saddlebags. To her luck, the colt did! He held it up happily and nodded. "Got it right here!" She smiled, drawing the water for the bath for him before slipping out to give the colt his privacy.

"There! Problem solved." She nodded, hoping that was all it took to cure the pony of his mis-directional ailment. And as quickly as she ran up the stairs, she flew right back down, landing beside Twilight- who was still going haywire over her clutter.

"Alright, so why don't you fill me in from the beginning?" Star asked.

---
META: PHEW. What a big edit! Totally don't know if I'm doing things right, but I hope this is good enough and doesn't interfere with any of your plans. I'm probably forgetting a lot of things, but... I'm not as good at handling NPC's as Catchphrase is. So if you want me to correct anything, go ahead and tell me what and I'll make the adjustsments.

Star currently has no idea what Ryan was doing, nor his goals to get Pinkie Pie better, but that'll be changed shortly after she gets filled in by Twilight.

Sooo... I think that's everything.

Tradewind, drawn by the sound of voices, made his way from Pinkie's bedside and down into the main library. There stood a Pegasus he had not met, with an puzzled look on her face, talking with Twilight Sparkle. Although, Tradewind noticed, she was still helping her pick up the books that were still scattered about the place.

"Hello", was all Tradewind could think to say, and got nothing more than a quick wave in return. "Busy, I see. Twilight, have you got a kettle or something? I can make some tea if you want."

"No, that's okay" Came Twilight Sparkle's reply, "Ryan will be down in a minute and then we can cure Pinkie".

"Oh, excellent, I hope doesn't wake up too soon though, I owe her money".

Twilight laughed, just as a Light brown earth pony trotted down the stairs, looking freshly bathed and very nervous. "Whew", said the pony, "I guess that soap worked, I was a bit worried about trying to get down those stairs". Having perked up quite a bit, he turned to the Pegasus, who was simply happy to see he was walking right. "Hey, thanks for all the help back there."

"No problem", came the reply, "but wasn't there something you needed to do?"

"Oh yeah! The medicine!" The brown pony ran to his saddlepack and pulled out a small vial of liquid. "Zecora said that this'll fix her right up!" He placed the vial in Twilight Sparkle's magical grip, and she carried it up the stairs to the room where Pinkie Pie was sleeping.

"Wow, I'm glad that's over, anyway, a good day's work".

"Not that you'd know anything about that". Tradewind muttered, glaring at the pony standing before him. "Never were able to put in a full days work, you wingless slacker".

The earth pony turned to glare at the Pegasus, and his eyes quickly widened and them just as quickly narrowed. "Oh yeah? I could run circles around you, longwings, the reason I never put in a days work is because I could do it in half a day".

The two ponies circled one another, never breaking the others gaze. Daggers didn't even begin to describe the stare that they were fighting for.

"So, loser, did you ever learn to run around corners?"

"I dunno, did you ever learn to enter a room without knocking holes in the door frame?"

Both ponies stopped, their eyes still locked. The Pegasus who had guided Ryan to the library considered stepping it, until both ponies suddenly broke into wide grins.

"Ryan! You old Runabout! How the hay are you?!" Tradewind cried, ramming his skull into the other pony's with a crack that made StarCrosser wince.

"Great! You still doing the Canterlot run?"

"Sure am, well, sorta, how long have you been in Ponyville?"

"Not long, not long, how come you're here anyway?!"

"Oh, they Changed the route, apparently there's a mare here who can magic the mail straight to Canterlot now, so instead of going there I go here! Heck, I can't complain! Shaves a good four hours off my route time!"

"Er... What's going on?" The other Pegasus demanded. "You were just about to kill each other!"

"Ha, nah, that was just our little joke. We're friends from waaaay back". Tradewind explained. "HE used to be one of the local mailcolts in Manehatten, fastest mailcolt in the whole darn city! Left about a year ago to do Celestia-Know's-What. Didn't expect to see him here!"

"Ditto brony! Say, why don't we go back to mine and brew up a pot of tea-"

"Absolutely! I- GAAAAH! TEA! Oh HAY! the GIRLS!" Tradewind looked incredibly panicked. "I left them at the 'Corner without anypony to supervise! Hey mate, look I'll catch up later, I've gotta see Pinkie anyway, see you!"

With that, the grey Pegasus bolted out the door and towards the centre of town.

"I don't know Scootaloo, are you sure you know how to work that?" Sweetie Belle asked, looking slightly worried.

"Don't worry, it's super easy. All you do is put the powdery coffee stuff in the back here where the water is, and then turn this knob, and all the coffee comes out the front! Trust me, Coffee will make us be able to try more stuff in one day!

"Ah don't know", murmured Applebloom, "It don't look quahte the same as when Mrs. Cake does it."

"Sure it does, UGH", moaned Scootaloo, "Now get those cups! It's coffee time!"

Tradewind burst through the door of Sugacube Corner just in time to hear the cry of "CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS... er... *Whisper*... COFFEE... GUYS!". He sprinted into the kitchen area to see Scootaloo, balanced on Sweetie Belle balanced on Applebloom, turn the knob of the large, and very expensive Espresso machine that was on the table in front of them. The same expresso machine that was now making an ominous rumbling sound.

"Girls..." Tradewind said, his voice worryingly calm, "Please get down and come here."

The Crusaders tumbled to the ground and ran to the pegasus, who unfurled his wings and wrapped them around the three fillies, shielding them from the groaning and creaking bomb-to-be.

Seconds passed, the groaning got louder and the rumbling became much more pronounced, finally, after what seemed like hours, a small valve at the top came loose and fired directly into the air, smashing through both the bottom floor ceiling, and the roof, and serious startling one of the butterfly winged ponies flopping overhead. The machine gurgled, and a dark brown sludge began to pour out the feeding nozzle of the coffee maker.

Tradewind stared at the machine, apparently frozen to the spot. Finally something inside his head went click, and, eyes never leaving the coffee maker, he spoke to the Crusaders in a perfectly deadpan voice. "... Iiiii Think I'd better take you girls back upstairs, and wait with you until Pinkie Pie gets back." With that Tradewind directed the girls - all huddled under one wing and trembling like leaves during the annual Autumn run - up the stairs and into Pinki Pie's personal quarters...

[META: Hey Ryan, and Star, I hope you don't mind that I put a few words into your mouths, but my muse decided to kick my arse until I agreed to write out the next part of the plot. Feel free to give me grief.]
[STAR META: Yeah, actually I do have grief with that :C You made her so mean and grumpy. I just went ahead and fixed that. Wasn't hard~]

Ryan watches Tradewind bolt out of the door.

"Wonder what that was all about? Oh well."

Ryan notices StarCrosser glaring at him.

"What, Whats wrong?"

META: Posting this separate, and composing my real post immediately after, so please wait to see it before posting again.

To StarCrosser: Plans? Anyone who tries to make long-term plans while RPing for Pinkie Pie is doing it wrong. :) As for your other concerns, there's no problem at all. It's essentially *my* job to remember all the fiddly background details. You can relax. If I think you've honestly forgotten some previous detail or plot point of the thread that would make you want to do a rewrite, I'll say so. Privately, by email or in a private chat. I don't want to embarrass anyone. Or, to be honest, clutter up the thread more than I can help.

I think you really nailed Twilight Sparkle in panic mode. :) They're NPCs, which means basically sockpuppets, but that doesn't mean they're the personal toys of the GM. As for writing the actions of others PCs, I'm not sure how this RP could even work if we didn't. Just try to play them how they play themselves as best you can and leave them at a place with multiple options as to how they can respond.

To Tradewind: Most of what I said to Star applies to you too. I as well have felt a size-six fairy slipper applied firmly to my nether regions. Okay, that sounded...just plain wrong. Your muse has the right idea, I think. If you can bear to sit tight for a while, soon enough I'll send Pinkie your way. Perhaps you can amuse yourself with Gummy and the CMC in the meantime. Sweetie Belle had her eye on you, and now you've gone and *rescued* her. Dude. XD

General heads-up: Side-plots in RP are like spices in cooking: you can do without them, but who would want to? I'm okay with people wandering off to have private adventures. In fact, it gives me a bit less to juggle.

And now, I venture into Pinkie Pie's mind as she rises from unconsious to dreaming to awake. Prepare for mindscrew, bronies and pegasisters. XD

Pinkie Pie rises from the dark, into dreaming. Or...was it that she was truly awakening? Chaos surrounded her, filled her, but there was order in it too. She saw it as a tangled mass of strings. Some were short and tenuous: dead fics that had never gone anywhere. Sparks of still pictures drifted among them, clinging to their sources of inspiration or drifting free. Other strings were long and strong and true, strengthened by internal consistency, many readers, and multiple readings. Some of those...were dark. But all had inspired something, had briefly lived in the minds of the Viewers, the Readers: Those Who Watched Behind The Wall.

Pinkie was in them all, the common thread. At the core of them, a pillar of golden light, lay the Canon. She dipped into its origins, though behind her she could trace the ghostly taper back to a young girl playing with her pony dolls, giving them voices and personalities. But the Start was, for Pinkie, the rainboom. That was the earliest time in her canon life that the walls of the universe had gone clear, and the Viewers had gazed upon her.

Pinkie had seen the truth. About her world, her past, and about herself. She wasn't real. She was a fiction. That didn't make her a lie, because there were different kinds of truth. She was real in the minds of everyone who had ever, even for a moment, forgotten that she wasn't. She was an illusion in an illusory world, but that meant her world was just as real as her, and her just as real as her world.

As Granny Pie had liked to say, you had to either laugh or go mad. Pinkie had chosen, and never regretted.

The dream, or wakefulness, faded. One of the strings called to her, its far end weaving itself longer. She was needed. Pinkie Pie opened her eyes. Twilight Sparkle, Spike, Ryan Speedhooves, and a pegasus she didn't officially know yet looked down at her with worried but hopeful expressions. Glasses and blue-white hair: adorkable.

Pinkie laughs. "I had a dream. You were there, and you were there, and you were there." She left out the pegasus, though she had been there too. Life was a game, she sensed it in her bones, but a game had to be played by the rules. Though if you knew about them, you could bend them a little.

"Uh..." the pegasus said. "Is she all right?"

"Yep." Spike said. "That's normal, for Pinkie."

"Hold still, Pinkie." Twilight said. "We got rid of the wings and...well, gave your beard a trim, but the potion's still in you. We only have an hour before the hiccup cure wears off. This is important, Pinkie." Twilight pauses, clearly reluctant to say what she is about to say. "Do you know why the potion went wrong?"

Ryan gives Twilight a puzzled look. When Pinkie nods, going red, he stares at her in even greater confusion. Then it clears. Pinkie remembers the end of the snowball fight. She knows Ryan can't, not clearly, but that was how it worked. For a moment, he'd brushed near the truth. Now, he had to forget, and he was threatening to remember again. Distraction: her speciality.

"I'm sorry, Twy." Pinkie said. "It was an accident, I was telling Ryan something funny and my laugh made a popcorn kernel go flying and then later when I looked into the cauldron it was *there* and I didn't want you to know it was my fault and so I ate it and made everyone worry about me and--"

"Pinkie!" Twilight said. "It's okay. I forgive you. I know you wouldn't have done something like that on purpose." Pinkie's hair had been wilting, her bright color darkening. Now she recovered, though not quite all the way. Her tummy felt like a shaken can of soda, but the magic couldn't get out. Hiccup cure. But Twylight's mind had gone elsewhere. "Popcorn kernel. That's the missing ingredient. Popcorn. No wonder the potion exploded. That's what popcorn does."

"It was *Pinkie* Popcorn." Spike said.

"You're absolutely right, Spike." Twilight said. "Grab the spice rack from the kitchen and make up a batch. Meet me in the basement lab when you're done. We have some counter-potion to brew up. Wait. No, not you, Spike, you go." He does, grumbling. Twilight looks at Ryan. "You ate some of the popcorn, didn't you."

"Uh, yeah." Ryan said. "It's wasn't bad, really."

"Explains why you were immune, then." Twilight gives a satisfied nod. "Pinkie wasn't because she had that kernel in her mouth. Part of her went into the potion."

"That explains...a lot, actually." Ryan said. He gives a sidelong glance at the pegasus, who hadn't yet answered his question. Pinkie's awakening had interrupted. "Look, Miss Sparkle, if you don't need me for anything, I need to have a talk with Star Crosser about something." Pinkie reminds herself that she can know Star's name now.

"Oh, absolutely." Twilight said. "I'll be in the basement, but please don't bother me unless it's a genuine emergency." She races off before they can even respond.

Ryan and Star exchange a look. Ryan coughs into a hoof, glad again that it was free of spots. "So..."

META: Don't panic, Ryan. Feel free to ignore the deep insights I gave your character about Pinkie Pie. Your PC strikes me as a simple dude, and simple isn't the same as boring or bad. I'll be gone for a handful of hours. Spike's in the kitchen, Twilight's in the basement, Pinkie isn't feeling up to any mischief at present, and Tradewind's off with the CMC. You and Star go on and talk. ;)

More generally, I'll quit with the deep meta-psycological analysis, or as I think of it, The Eternal Sunshine of Pinkie's Mind. Also, couldn't resist the whole 'Humans are Cthulu' angle. But seriously. Time for Pinkie to get back to being Pinkie.

Star Crosser scratched the back of her head a little and kicked the ground shyly. "Yeah... Soo..." She giggled, looking around. There was a short awkward silence before they both spoke up.

"Thanks for helping--"
"I should get going--"

They both blinked and laughed a little.

"You first--"
"Oh, sorry--"

Star blushed and held back a giggle as Ryan chuckled sheepishly, scratching the back of his neck. The Pegasus kept quiet this time as Ryan spoke. "I don't know where I woulda ended up if you didn't come around, Star." He smiled at her. The pegasus giggled and waved her hoof casually. "No, don't worry about it! I couldn't just leave a pony in need like that!"

"But you still took the time to walk me all the way here! Weren't you on your way somewhere?"

Star kicked the ground again and lowered her ears, looking over her shoulder out the window. It took a little while to put all of Twilight's noted back in order, shuffling through them and categorizing them all back into their proper folders; not to mention finding all the right pages for all the books she had out! But it was better now that they had found out what caused the cauldron to explode was. Star got filled in as she helped the purple unicorn, which she discovered was named Twilight Sparkle; When she learned, she was slightly surprised! She knew of the pony. EVERYPONY in Canterlot knew who Twilight Sparkle was: The unicorn that the Princess Celestia had taken under her wing. The humble Librarian/Accountant/Novellist was almost honored to meet her.

Surprised even more by the unicorn, she didn't seem at all like what she was told of her. From her impression, the unicorn was a work-a-holic... Which she could see. But also, it was to the point she had no time for friends! Yet here she was helping a pink pony get better and she had made guests of the Gray pegasus who was buddies with Ryan, both of which were apparently Mail Carriers. She couldn't help but giggle when they didn't end up attacking each other. It reminded her of her room-mate...

Star's mind stopped wandering long enough for her to answer Ryan. "Yeah, I was on my way to my Grandma's house." She said, straightening up. "It's a little late in the afternoon, and she was expecting me hours ago. Do you think I could still make it there before sunset?" She could, of course. But she genuinely wanted to know if the group here wanted her to stick around! The pegasus didn't want to intrude on anything.

Okay. A bit too late for that. But whatever!

Pinkie Pie was sitting in the bed, staring at them both with big glittering eyes that followed them as they talked. She already knew what they were talking about, but she wasn't supposed to say anything for another couple of minutes: Right after Ryan says--

"I'm sure you could, but I really don't couldn't thank you enough, Star. You saved my tail out there." Ryan chuckled.

"OH! I know! If you want to thank her, YOU SHOULD THROW A PARTY!" Pinkie Pie jumped in, bouncing up and down between them. Then she started going a little bonkers, jumping over the pegasus and running around in circles as she rambled on about-- "STREAMERS! And... and a BIG CAKE! And OH! OH! LOUD MUSIC!!" -- Then she stopped and gasped very loud, her neck seeming to stretch as high as the ceiling as her eyes went wide. "WE COULD HAVE ANOTHER SNOWBALL FIGHT!!!"

Star was startled by her antics, blinking rapidly and blushing a bit from all the attention. "Oh, uh... But I have to get going..!" She tried to explain. In an instant, Pinkie was right beside her, leaning over her side to look at her in the eyes. The pink pony looked devastated. "But you can't leave without being thanked properly!"

Star blinked and looked between Ryan and Pinkie Pie. Pinkie's eyes were watering, big quivering lip, ears folded back. Ryan caught on and leaned in close, giving the same look. "Come oooon, Star! It'll be fun..!"

She sighed and rolled her eyes. "Alright... But on ONE CONDITION!". Pinkie Pie jumped up in the air with a huge cheer, freezing there as Star added the 'One Condition' part; she stuck there too as Star finished. "I need to send a letter to my Grandma so she knows I'm okay. Poor mare is probably worried sick right now!" the pegasus finished. Pinkie Pie landed with a bounce and trotted around the two. "Great! We can have Spike send her a letter! OH SPIIIIIIIKE!" She called, zooming out of the room.

Star simply looked at Ryan. "She needs to stay away from the sugars."
They both laughed.

StarCrosser said:

She sighed and rolled her eyes. "Alright... But on ONE CONDITION!". Pinkie Pie jumped up in the air with a huge cheer, freezing there as Star added the 'One Condition' part; she stuck there too as Star finished. "I need to send a letter to my Grandma so she knows I'm okay. Poor mare is probably worried sick right now!" the pegasus finished. Pinkie Pie landed with a bounce and trotted around the two. "Great! We can have Spike send her a letter! OH SPIIIIIIIKE!" She called, zooming out of the room.

Star simply looked at Ryan. "She needs to stay away from the sugars."
They both laughed.

(StarCrosser: *there's* the Pinkie we know and love.)

With boundless energy, Pinkie makes preparations for the trip to Sugarcube Corner. After she arranges for Spike to take a letter from Star Crosser and send it to her grandmother's fireplace through a Canterlot relay, her next order of business lies in the basement. Remembering the earlier mishap, she stays quiet and tiptoes up behind Twilight. But waits until she's paused to think before tugging her tail.

"Gahhh!" Twilight said. "Pinkie Pie, what are you *doing* down here? This is delicate work."

Pinkie peers at a tall flask half-filled with something as pinky and bubbly as herself. "Is it done?"

"Well, yes, but it hasn'tbeenproperlytestedyet!"

Twilight's rushed words are too late. Pinkie Pie takes a sip. Slowly, her eyes cross. After a moment, they uncross, only to keep going until they point in opposite directions. From Pinkie's tummy comes an ominous rumbling. She hiccups and Twilight teleports herself and the flask of antidote to the far side of the basement, where she cowers. Pinkie hiccups again, this time producing sparks. The third hiccup erupts into a burp that in turn rises into a steam-whistle wail. Pinkie levitates, eyes bulging and hair frazzling as if she'd been struck by lightning. A Trixie-level lightshow erupts along with the sound, which lingers for long moments before fading away.

Pinkie returns to normal, sitting on thin air. Then she hiccups and plops to the floor. "All better! Now we can go to Sugarcube Corner! I want to throw a party for Star Crosser because she rescued Ryan when he got lost so he could bring me the medicine from Zecora and Star sent a message to her grandmother through Spike so she won't worry and guess what? I'm going to ask her to spend the night with me!" Pinkie rises up and twirls on a hind hoof, forehooves clasped to her chest. She trills the next word. "Sleepover!"

"Pinkie, I don't--whoa!"

Twilight's words cut off as Pinkie grabs her and zooms up the stairs, just in time to see Spike send off the letter in a puff of green smoke. Twilight stoppers the floating flask with a cork snatched in passing, then drops a pack across her back and settles the glass vessel in a nest of scarves. Pinkie's party might actually be a good thing. They tended to draw in everypony around. She could give the antidote to anypony who needed it.

A pink whirlwind of enthusiasm, Pinkie Pie soon has Ryan, Star, Twilight, and Spike ready to go. They set out for Sugarcube Corner with Pinkie in the lead, marching along on her hind hooves singing about 'mares just wanna have fun.' Ryan and Star follow behind, with Twilight using them as a buffer between her and any Pinkie-ness that might happen.

Spike grumps along at the tail of the group, and his mood is not improved by Pinkie's song taking root in his head. He catches himself singing under his breath as they reach Sugarcube Corner. "That's all we really waaaant...gah!" Everyone stops, going silent. After a moment of red-faced embarrassment, he looks up to see that no one is looking at him. They had gone around to the back entrance, and now peered into the kitchen. Spike pushes through the forest of legs. "Holy..."

The kitchen looks like a mud-bomb hit it, and there is a hole in the ceiling. Not a large hole, but a *definite* one. It smelled of hot metal and bad coffee. And trouble. Spike walks up to the largest puddle of sludge and sniffs it. "Bleauch." Turning, he sees Twilight staring at him in horror. "Hey, *I* didn't do it! I was at Rarity's. I swear!"

Tradewind's voice comes from upstairs, filtering down through the hole. "Hello?" Light shines through as some kind of bucket is moved aside. "Up here. I stuffed some rags in the hole on the roof but they're soaking through, so I put down a bucket. The girls are safe, just had a little accident while trying to make coffee. I left them alone: I take full responsibility."

"No..." Pinke said. Her hair droops a bit as she creeps forward. "No. *I* left them alone. Ohhh. Look at the Cake's espresso machine!" Spike's expression suggests that this might be a good thing. He has always suspected Pinkie Pie's...Pinkie-ness was fueled by something. But he doesn't speak. "At least it's insured. Welp, only one thing to do. Grab a mop, everypony! The sooner we get this cleaned up, the sooner we can par-tay! Oh, and Tradewind? I think the Cutie Mark Crusaders should help. I'll be right back, gotta see a pegasus about a roof!"

Pinkie vanishes in a pink blur.

The kitchen is soon cleaned with everyone pitching in. Pinkie returns and soon the noises of repairs come from the roof. Racing up to her room, she shouts helpful suggestions through the hole. One in particular makes Spike snort, incinerating a thankfully filthy washcloth.

"Would a sunroof cost extra?" Apparently it would, as Pinkie comes down muttering. But only for a moment. Becoming a blur again, party decorations and furnishings seem to materialize around the large common room. Star Crossing stares with wide eyes. Pinkie blushes and giggles. "It's what I do." She rump-bumps the record player, kicking it to life. "PARTY!"

META: Let's rock this joint!

Ryan blushes and gets to side of the room as everypony starts dancing. "Heh, I shouldve remembered, I cant dance.." Ryan smiles as all of the other ponies are dancing and having fun.