News - Aug 14, 2017 (1 year ago)

We are experiencing an issue with the uploading system

When you upload, you may get a "File Not Found" Error. We are currently contacting our web admin in order to fix the issue, but until then, we have a work-around that has proven to work for the time being. If you wish to upload, please save the image to your computer, then add it to the upload screen through the "Browse" button. We hope that works for now and will make a notification when the issue is fixed.
~Princess Luna

X

OC's and their sizes

In category: Role Play and Fanfiction

Just out of curiosity, how big is any particular persons "OC" bearing in mind that canonically the ponies in the show are assumed shetlands, who are 3 feet on average, and the roughly assumed heights are as follows, with the foals at under a foot, the CMC at 2 feet, big mac at 3.8 feet, luna at 4.2 feet, and princess celestia at the absolute height limit of the pony classification 4.8 feet.

As a horse owner, I can tell you the Pony Club definition of 'pony' is fourteen hands two (inches) commonly written 14h2 or, much to everyone's confusion, 14'2" or worse, 14.2 (but that is very definitely not one-fifth of the way to 15 hands)

I've never had an OC ... my self-insert spent a few months at demigod levels and transformed himself into an alicorn "the height of the princesses" before deciding it was too tiring to maintain that much power flow ... and dropping back into a seven foot plus meat eating biped that had been killed some months before by Sweetie Belle (with self-insert's assistance)

So ... big ?

Edit: I might be compensating for something...IRL I'm shorter than about 90% of the guys I meet, and more than two thirds of the gals I meet. I don't usually notice unless the guy is over six foot something and I have to crane my neck to look him in the eye, but occasionally someone will point it out to me.

Personally I just think it's a fantasy setting. Be fantastic, y'know?

AKmalamute said:
As a horse owner, I can tell you the Pony Club definition of 'pony' is fourteen hands two (inches) commonly written 14h2 or, much to everyone's confusion, 14'2" or worse, 14.2 (but that is very definitely not one-fifth of the way to 15 hands)

I've never had an OC ... my self-insert spent a few months at demigod levels and transformed himself into an alicorn "the height of the princesses" before deciding it was too tiring to maintain that much power flow ... and dropping back into a seven foot plus meat eating biped that had been killed some months before by Sweetie Belle (with self-insert's assistance)

So ... big ?

14.2 hands equates to 4.8 feet.
For those of you who want to use hands please see
http://www.onlineconversion.com/horse_height.htm

TerraFirma said:
14.2 hands equates to 4.8 feet.

That's kinda what I was trying to say. Using a lot of words, and not much success, I guess.
;-)

TerraFirma said:
Just out of curiosity, how big is any particular persons "OC" bearing in mind that canonically the ponies in the show are assumed shetlands, who are 3 feet on average, and the roughly assumed heights are as follows, with the foals at under a foot, the CMC at 2 feet, big mac at 3.8 feet, luna at 4.2 feet, and princess celestia at the absolute height limit of the pony classification 4.8 feet.

With those measurements as canon, I'd clock in at 3 and a half feet, or about 10 hands. Most of it leg.

Vorpal's a little smaller than Big Mac. :x

My OC is intended to be 3.75 feet - little smaller than Big Mac. I might just as well wait until he's finished if Derpy Hooves is working on him.

so, what's the height of a normal guard-pony? Around 10hh ? I created a couple of guards I followed in another 'fic ... tried to play them like MiB at least in terms of height to snark, and their slight distrust of each other.

Captain_S-Fire said:
My OC is intended to be 3.75 feet - little smaller than Big Mac. I might just as well wait until he's finished if Derpy Hooves is working on him.

That last bit seems a bit dodgy I must say >/)<

everyone is eather as big as big mac, or just a little under him :D you all understand big mac is like.... Andre The Giant. in real people. so everyone it being around 7 foot tall in human size. compared to ponies...

also guards about about 3.5 hands as it has shown they are much taller then the mane 6 but smaller then big mac by a full hand.

CC is 3.6 hands but buff . ( http://e621.net/data/fc/e3/fce36208e834a6f76f2e33520b2e4ab7.jpg?1332683011 ) XD

paramedic is 2.3 feet (very small body)

lucy is 2.8 a little chubby, but the sexy kind

flux is 3.0 has dads buff build, but much smaller.

Terra is some fucking height, I stoped giving a shit.

Coldforge; Also stoped giving a shit about coldforges height since he's also "Too tall"

Figurine is a diminuitive 2'3 like paramedic, a short set of legs and a small body.

Adalinda is roughly 3 feet in her small form, and a good 35 feet in her larger form

Silphy is 3 foot even, though can change with added or lost mass

And krel, well, krel is big.

Tradewind is just about the size if big Mac... I'd say about 3.7 foot.

If course, his wings are a lot bigger. If I had to put a number to it, I'd say both would have a combined span if roughly Six feet :P

9 hands for aurafluff ._.

I recall seeing a much larger size reference than what you seem to mention. Coming from "Hearth's Warming Eve," Twilight has the line "I spy an eight-foot candy cane." If you recall, Scootaloo was stuck to the cane by the tongue, and somepony determined by how far up the cane she went that Scoots (And, therefore, all young colts and fillies with similar builds) was three feet tall. From there, it tries to pin heights to normal-size and Princess-size, but it's a little rickety from there on up...

But whatever. I'd post my specs, but my characters don't really matter in this domain, so I'll keep my mouth shut.