News - Aug 14, 2017 (1 year ago)

We are experiencing an issue with the uploading system

When you upload, you may get a "File Not Found" Error. We are currently contacting our web admin in order to fix the issue, but until then, we have a work-around that has proven to work for the time being. If you wish to upload, please save the image to your computer, then add it to the upload screen through the "Browse" button. We hope that works for now and will make a notification when the issue is fixed.
~Princess Luna

X

Hey

In category: Role Play and Fanfiction

I'm new here and heard you can role play on this site. How can I start one? (Go easy on me please :) )

Hi Ronnoc, nice to have you on the site!

You can absolutely start an RP in the forums, just start a thread with a storyline, lay out the rules, and have fun! (please keep in mind that all forum RPs have a maximum rating of PG-13, in compliance with posting rules.)

Or, please feel free to stop on by the IRC, via the "IRC" tab. The official site channel is a great place to start, and we can direct you to several RP rooms. There are PLENTY of people who love to roleplay on IRC.

So welcome, have fun, and I look forward to seeing you around!

I'm having trouble connecting to chat. Is there something that I need to do in order to use it?

Ronnoc_the_Owl said:

I'm having trouble connecting to chat. Is there something that I need to do in order to use it?

Not really, you should be able to connect automatically when you click "connect" in the chat window. Explain to me what you're doing when you try to connect, and what it says.

When I open the page, I see on the screen is CHAT NOW CHOOSE A NICKNAME. Below the text and the textbox, there's the button CONNECT >. I click it and it says connection to server. But when it's been 2-3 minutes, it takes me back to the page where it says CHAT NOW CHOOSE A NICKNAME.

Ronnoc_the_Owl said:
When I open the page, I see on the screen is CHAT NOW CHOOSE A NICKNAME. Below the text and the textbox, there's the button CONNECT >. I click it and it says connection to server. But when it's been 2-3 minutes, it takes me back to the page where it says CHAT NOW CHOOSE A NICKNAME.

That means your nickname is most likely invalid. Try changing it to something with one word, like "ronnoc"

Tried it with ronnoc, but it didn't work.

Ronnoc_the_Owl said:
Tried it with ronnoc, but it didn't work.

Hmm a puzzle... I can't honestly say why it's not letting you connect. I'll look into it.

Thank you for helping me

Okay, Ronnic, try this: Choose another nickname, or try something like "pony_8349"

Am I suppose to use the chat on this site or on irc.ponychat.net?

Ronnoc_the_Owl said:
Am I suppose to use the chat on this site or on irc.ponychat.net?

The IRC tab (third from the right along the top of this site) should open up with a Mibbit window, that will automatically connect you to ponychat and bring you to #20PC

Welcome to our site, Tradewind and others pretty much summed it up, but if you need any more help feel free to send me a message

Hey Ronnoc, did you ever manage to sort things out?