Help: User Levels
Registration for basic accounts is free and open. To get upgraded to a privileged or contributor account, see the FAQ
MemberThe basic account type. Every user is a member upon registering.
- Base upload limit of 10, increased by approved images and decreased by deleted images
- Must wait a week after registration to downvote images, upload posts, comment, edit post details, and remove posts from pools
- Must wait three days after registration to edit a post's tags, and can perform 150 tag edits per hour
- Can post 15 comments per hour
- Can vote on 10 comments per hour
- Can search using up to six tags at once
PrivilegedThe next level up from member. Given out regularly to users who desire a higher post limit, or to users who have proven that they're a positive addition to the community.
- No wait after registration to comment, edit tags, or edit post details
- No hourly tag edit limit
- No hourly comment limit
- Can search using up to eight tags at once
- Has access to additional tools on the post index, allowing them to edit posts and apply tag scripts at the click of a button
- Can use DText color tags
- Can use tag subscriptions
How to become one:To become a privileged user, start helping out by uploading lots of good posts (with permission!), helping with tagging projects, reporting malicious users, updating the wiki, or adding note translations. Anything to be helpful. It doesn't hurt to get to know us on the IRC, either.
ContributorThe next level up from privileged. This account type is given to 20% Cooler's power-users whom we completely trust with contributing quality content to the site. Includes all of the perks that you receive with a privileged account plus the perks listed below:
- No upload limit, and posts are automatically approved upon upload
- No wait after registration to upload or vote on posts
How to become one:We offer contributor accounts to well-known members of the community who have dedicated a lot of work to improving 20% Cooler. To improve your chances of being selected, upload lots of high-quality posts, help out with tickets, or make lots of good wiki edits. Being active and helpful on the forum and the IRC and being a positive role model for the comunity are especially good ways to get noticed.
ModModerators keep the peace on 20% Cooler. They are the ones who hand out records, ban users, delete and approve posts, handle tickets, and everything else on the administrative side of 20% Cooler. Moderators are considered to be the first level of site staff.
- Unlimited access to all but the most powerful site tools
How to become one:When new mod positions open up, we will hand-pick users (who will almost certainly be contributors) based on their area of expertise (uploading, wiki editing, etc.).
AdminThe most powerful account type. Roughly the same as mod, except admins have access to some tools mods cannot use.
- Unlimited access to all site tools