Unlike other websites, we here at 20% Cooler welcome roleplay in the image comments (and in select places in the forum), however, we have some very important rules that MUST be followed for the comfort of everyone on the website. So please read over this carefully and do your best to understand them. If you have any questions, please contact an administrator and ask!
- Keep it clean! -- This is possibly one of the most important rules on the website. Comments are visible to EVERYONE, regardless of their individual content settings. As a result, it is essential that comments on ALL images (even those with an explicit rating) remain pg-13 at highest. This means no sexually explicit content, no bloody or gory content.. Nothing blatantly suggestive either.
- Be nice -- No one wants to play with someone who's a jerk every time they post.
- Don't powergame -- Powergaming is when you disregard what others say, or use out of character knowledge to better your own character. The most common example likely to come up here on 20% Cooler is simple consent/combat based powergaming. Don't write about bucking someone so hard they become unconscious. Let them decide if they want to be hit, and how hard. In the same token, don't dodge every buck thrown at you. Even if you're a royal guard with 10 years of experience and he's a little colt who's never bucked at anyone before, everyone gets lucky sometimes. Besides, it's not fun to be all powerful and untouchable.
- Don't go on FOREVER -- While it might be fun to have an extended roleplay, keep in mind that comments are also a place for people to COMMENT on the images. If you're having a good time, take it to private messages and have a ball. :D
- Don't be a Mary Sue! -- No one likes characters who are Practically Perfect in Every Way. No one likes character who's whole lives have been nothing but woe and agony. No one likes characters who can do EVERYTHING. Find a balance. Make it real. Develop a backstory. If you have any nifty skills or abilities, justify it. Don't be a blank flank alicorn with a 3rd degree black belt in 13 martial arts styles, an expert cook who can speak 30 different languages, sing like a nightingale, has PERFECT fashion sense, to go with her most BEAUTIFUL tri-colored coat, glorious bat wings, and her epically powerful magical abilities to do ANYTHING... AND is a super ninja assassin too! Just... don't.
- Keep the setting in mind. -- If you're going to jump into a role playing setting, at least make sure you keep the theme of the story in spirit! If one hasn't been provided, just stick to the believable spectrum of the show-- don't go shoving lasers and aliens into a Spaghetti Western, okay?
- Have fun -- This is possibly the most important rule :) if you can't have fun without breaking the rules above... then, well, there are other places out there you can roleplay ♥