General guidelines for using 20pc. These rules can be changed at any time by any moderator. Leeway to these rules may be given. If you see a user disobeying any of these rules, feel free to report them to a moderator.
In addition to these guidelines, browsing the user records is another good way of figuring out what to do or not do.
- Don't backseat mod.
- Don't be creepy.
- Don't insult other users, intentionally start drama or otherwise be an obnoxious troll.
- Don't misuse or abuse the Flag For Deletion tool.
- Don't post malicious files or links to malicious material.
(Flag for deletion)
- Tag what you see.
- Don't vandalize tags. This includes adding incorrect, malicious, or just really dumb tags, or making a habit of stripping valid tags from properly tagged images.
- Do not tag using unicode characters.
- Make your best effort to tag your images and add a source if possible.
- If you know the artist of a post, make sure they are tagged. If you do not know the artist, and they are not currently tagged, add "unknown_artist".
- Avoid posting things covered by the avoid posting list.
- Do us a favor, ASK the artist before you upload their art. Since there is no way to verify if this is actually allowed here or not, it saves us a lot of hassle.
- When uploading an image, add at least four tags, try to include species and gender. This is a good list for figuring out what to tag.
- Make an effort to post quality, finished, non-repost images. Avoid crap-quality things like tiny images, grainy images, motivational poster memes, screenshots, image macros, images with absurdly huge and extremely annoying watermarks, etc. Off-topic images and any potential fallout from posting them are subject to the whims of the moderators.
- Only post the best quality, highest resolution version of an image available. If you find a better version of an existing post, for God's sake, upload it!
- Source your uploads. howto:source
- Do not upload tiny images just to use as avatars. Standard posting guidelines still apply. Images under 200x200 are seldom approved.
- If you are using someone's ponysona or a character they own as an avatar and they ask you to change it, for the love of god, change it! If the mods have to intervene, they aren't going to be happy.
- Please check the user listing before requesting a namechange in case the name is already taken.
- Do not abuse the namechange tickets. Doing so is a good way to get yourself on the naughty list.
- If you feel your ticket's denial was unjust, please communicate your concerns to the mods, don't just create another one.
- Please refrain from creating tickets for trivial issues. Try to reserve them for legitimate rule violations, not just comments that you don't like.
- Please refrain from reporting old comments (over two weeks old), unless it's for something major like someone admitting to be underage or ban evading. Punishing users for something they said a long time ago ago is just silly.
- Note that PM complaints may be made public to the other mods in order to better solve your issue.
- Please allow at least 24 hours for tickets to be answered.
The IRC channel for Twentypercentcooler.net is a privilege and is provided as is. We will not be held responsible for any damages incurred from using it, and we reserve the right to deny (ban) anyone from it.
Please keep the general rules for commenting on the main site in mind when talking on the IRC.
Admins/mods reserve the right to demerit and ban any account at any time, and must provide reasoning for the ban if required by any other staff member.
Admins may ban anyone they deem "gaming the rules".