help:flag for deletion
Artists! If you are the artist/copyright holder of art on this site and you want it removed, go here instead of flagging it for deletion.
How to make it work
1. Click "flag for deletion" on a post page.
2. Enter an acceptable reason (given in next section) for deletion in box shown. If you are linking to a post, please make sure you get the post number correct!
3. Press the OK button.
4. The post then gets sent to the moderation queue as flagged for deletion, where the post you flagged and the reason you flagged it for are added to the list of posts to be reviewed by the moderators of the site. It is also given a red border in post index searches, which means it is currently flagged for deletion.
5. The post is either deleted or approved (or reapproved, if the post has been approved before) by a moderator.
Note: Things you flag, even with a valid reason, will not always get removed.
If a post has been flagged for deletion or even deleted, do not strip it's tags. This is tag vandalism and will result in disciplinary action.
Acceptable deletion request reasons
Note: Flagging a post for anything other than the following reasons may result in disciplinary action being taken against your account. Be wary.
The deletion request reasons that are acceptable are:
- Duplicate of #postnumber
- Inferior (i.e. smaller, sketch, cropped, or resized) version of #postnumber
- Updated version has been posted (usually applies to a flash)
- Drawn by an artist or owned by a site on the DNP list
- Violates the site's posting rules, namely not My Little Pony related.
"Bad art", "unpopular" or "offensive" are not on this list because they are not valid deletion reasons.
Lastly, as a courtesy to the mods and other users around you, please don't forget to link the two variants/duplicates by parenting the image you are flagging for deletion if there is already a better or inferior version of the post on 20pc. We ask this because if the image you flagged gets deleted, then one, it's easier to access the better version if someone was already looking at the deleted version, and two, everyone who added the version that got deleted to their favorites list is automatically transferred to the the newer version so it stays in their faves list. Thank you. More information on how to do this can be found here.